Sign in to follow this  
G-Lad

Volks Apart - feedback?

I bought a second hand passat PAS hose from them years back and an aux belt pulley for my 16v, no problems for me.

Thanks, I guess I'll risk it for a biscuit!

3 months warranty on a new fan control box is pretty reassuring. I'd like to know if they have a history of good or bad after sales care, ie is the warranty worth anything, or will I end up arguing if I have issues?

they've been around for quite a long time, and I've not heard any horror stories about them... not heard much about them at all to be honest, but normally the horror stories stick in peoples minds and get posted up more than praise stories etc... ;)

they've been around for quite a long time, and I've not heard any horror stories about them... not heard much about them at all to be honest, but normally the horror stories stick in peoples minds and get posted up more than praise stories etc... ;)

Fair comment - no news is good news I suppose! :grin:

Before i became a member i was always phoning these chaps up! They are CONSTANTLY out of stock for 2nd hand corrado stuff though. So unless you know the Golf or pastat equivalent it can be tricky finding the part. However, for one component they actually took my details and let me know when they had one! They where very helpful! :)

I bought

1/ New water pumps

2/ Brake pads

3/ fan belts

4/ Internal and external trim

5/ Power steering rack

6/ Indicator Switch

and loads of other stuff. They are not the cheapest! but most of there stuff comes with a quality guarantee and warranty.

Also there delivery is not too expensive and they package there stuff really well.

I have nothing but good things to say for this company. :grin:

Bought some rear Golf Mk4 calipers off them. Again not the cheapest but it was in good condition and they provided a guarantee with the item. Funny it cost me twice the amount as my front calipers which I got off eBay. I would buy from them again if I was desperate but would look on eBay first as you can usually pick popular bits up cheaper.

Hi guys, thanks for the advice :)

I quoted a part code for a fan control box for my VR, and was sent one apparently taken from a Seat, which while tatty and featuring a blown fuse is the right part code and does seem to work so far. It was made in hungary in 97 but has all the VW Audi logos..

Packaging was indeed good and fedex delivery reasonable price.

I hunted for the right part on ebay for a while, and although a few breakers did immediately start auctions for me, they came up at the same price all in, so i opted for volks apart as a known company rather than risking an ebay argument in case of warranty claim, which everyone seems to offer if they are breakers..

Ill report back if it starts playing up and i get to test their warranty service!