Sign in to follow this  
The_Dude

Boost gauge fitting

Hey fellas, just a quick Q...I've just a bought a Revotec boost gauge (got discount too by mentioning the Corrado forum) and was just wondering about the mechanical side of it. It comes with a little t-bar thingummy and I'm not sure where it goes...the only pipe I can think of whilst sat at my desk is the one coming off the end of the recirc valve, but that can't be right can it? (VF9'd VR6 in case you didn't know)

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I have a tap hole in the pipe that runs from the charger to throttle body, what's the best way of sealing this up? It was for a water pump, but the feed hose has melted where it hung over the exhaust...nice going TuningWerkes...they didn't even get it running...muppets :(

:salute:

you'll have to tap into one of your engine bay vacuum pipes then.

Any one that sees manifold pressure.

bump for a vr bod to make a suggestion.

Take it off the servo vac pipe, easiest place is the inlet manifold. There is a black vacuum pipe that comes off the inlet and goes into the one way valve and *should* have a couple of take off's that currently just have plastic caps over them. Pull off one of the caps and connect to the spout... hey presto.

>

Oh and the hole on the charger to TB pipe, if the hole is taped use a bolt or alike. Remember this will be under boost pressure so make sure its a good tight seal.