Sign in to follow this  
stevef182

goodridge hoses question

I have just bought a 288mm brake set up for my VR6. Now, they came with 2 goodridge braided hoses attached to the calipers...however, as far as i am aware a new kit for a vr6 contains 6 pieces of hose, obviously some for the rear, but how are the 6 pieces allocated to the car? Do i need more hoses on the front? or are there 4 hoses used at the rear?

any help appreciated.

In a corrado kit, VR or otherwise there are 6 hoses.

2 flexis for the front brakes,

2 flexis from chassis to rear axle,

2 flexis from rear axle to calipers.

Perfect thanks, so i need 2 rear axle to caliper and 2 chassis to axle hoses then...

Perfect thanks, so i need 2 rear axle to caliper and 2 chassis to axle hoses then...

Yup.

Shame... Could have done a deal on buying a full set and splitting it between us, but I managed to get some front hoses. :(

Yup.

Shame... Could have done a deal on buying a full set and splitting it between us, but I managed to get some front hoses. :(

yeah that would have been perfect...oh well. have put out a wanted thread so will se if there are any floating about.

I've got some rear ones that i didn't use when I changed to 288's as I've got the mk4 rears. Don't have the axle one though I'm afraid.

I've got some rear ones that i didn't use when I changed to 288's as I've got the mk4 rears. Don't have the axle one though I'm afraid.

hi mate, sorry im a bit confused, if you have 288s on the front, surely you would need different hoses for standard rears? or are 288 hose kits the same fit to standard rear VR6 brakes? and do you mean the ones from the axle to the rear calipers?

My understanding was that the standard rear calipers on the Corrado and the Golfs with the 288's were the same...... might have the wrong end of the old stick though. I'll dig them out and have a look at them and yes they are just the rear hard pipe to caliper ones.

My understanding was that the standard rear calipers on the Corrado and the Golfs with the 288's were the same...... might have the wrong end of the old stick though. I'll dig them out and have a look at them and yes they are just the rear hard pipe to caliper ones.

im with you, seems to make sense. Hope so. I will have a look under the car later and see if i can work out which ones i need as one has a buldge in it and i can remember which one. you are turning into a life saver! :)

These look any good to ya chap? I haven't offered them up to the spare rear calipers I've got but yeah look like the right connections. Maybe someone can confirm??

DSCF0834.jpg

DSCF0835.jpg

DSCF0836.jpg

aren't mk 4 golf calipers a banjo fitting, thats why you need the mk2-mk4 conversion kit.

other than that i think all are the same screw in fitting that comes on the mk2, mk3 and corrado rear calipers