Sign in to follow this  
stevef182

SOS - SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!! now not quite as urgent

does anyone near guildford/woking have a spare front braided hose for my VR6 to fit a 288mm caliper from a golf vr6. Both my corrado and I are stranded without one!! if anyone can help please please let me know.

my no. is 07984422346

OR 2 regular rubber brake hoses to fit both a rado vr6 and 288mm calipers.. anyone? im desperate

Sorry posted on the other thread and didn't realise one of your front braided hoses is knackered.

You need front hoses for a late 95 on Golf VR6 which have the 288's fitted as standard.

Let me know how you get on mate.

If you need it the goodridge part number for the 95 onwards Golf VR6 is SVW0604-6P.

I have a pair, brand new, in Winchester.

I kinda wanted them to stay like that till I used them, but if you're desperate....

I have a pair, brand new, in Winchester.

I kinda wanted them to stay like that till I used them, but if you're desperate....

thank you..thats is REALLY kind of you to offer, but you will be pleased to hear they can stay brand new. I got my brother to drive over my old 280s and managed to get the car driveable...im now on the hunt for just 1 goodridge/braided hose to fit 288mm calipers... :brickwall:

Let me know how you get on mate.

If you need it the goodridge part number for the 95 onwards Golf VR6 is SVW0604-6P.

thanks so much for your help earlier. SUCH a stressful day... :censored:

Anyways, I did as we discussed and managed to get hold of the old 280s and did 1 side. Was a spongy drive home, just got to find a braided hose asap to get it all sorted! thanks again though, really appreciated your advice.. on a more positive note, i fitted those pads you sent me and it cured the problem perfectly! at least 1 of todays jobs went according to plan.

Hey matey did you get it all sorted?

Hi mate,

Well i managed to get hold of a re-threading kit and rethreaded the braided hose, put a little plumbers tape inside and it worked a treat, sealed perfectly with no leaks. so that is fixed.

However they are still a bit spongy, dont get me wrong, they are a huge improvement on what they were like with 1 288 and 1 280 but they dont feel much better than they did when i had both 280s on. I dont know if the pads and disks are a bit pants, or if its needs re-bleeding. I did some research on here and read that bleeding the ABS and master cylnder can make a huge difference so i will give that a go. (although i have no idea how to do it)

The good news is the system is holding pressure and with ignition off the brakes go very hard after a few pumps so i dont think there is any problems with the master cylnder, hopefully just need to bleed it and all should be good. Fingers crossed.

Excellent news mate, like I said on the phone these things need a really good bleed afterwards as you're letting so much air into the system. I'm sure it'll be fine, just get a proper garage to do it as they'll have all the kit you need.

I think VW dealers do a brake fluid change/bleed fairly cheap and they'll have the correct kit.

Excellent news mate, like I said on the phone these things need a really good bleed afterwards as you're letting so much air into the system. I'm sure it'll be fine, just get a proper garage to do it as they'll have all the kit you need.

I think VW dealers do a brake fluid change/bleed fairly cheap and they'll have the correct kit.

yeah thats what i figured...i have done most of the work now but i think its best to pass it over to the pros, give it a good bleed and hope for the best. That way if it still is spongy i can definatley elimintate poor bleeding as a problem if you know what i mean, where as if i do it again myself then i wont be 100% sure ive done it as well as it needs to be.

Exactly. Plus they are notoriously tricky to bleed you could end up using loads of fluid trying to get it right.

I'm making these mistakes so you don't have to! :lol:

Exactly. Plus they are notoriously tricky to bleed you could end up using loads of fluid trying to get it right.

I'm making these mistakes so you don't have to! :lol:

:)

the only thing that is bothering me slighly is that occasionally, the very first second that i put my foot on the brake pedal i can feel a small vibration..it only happends at the very top of the peddle and is very slight but it feels a bit wierd..any ideas?