Sign in to follow this  
slammed-on-schmidts

corrado been sat for two years need help!!

what do i need to do to get it running?? it turns over but wont fire up have changed the plugs and put fuel in and thats about as far as my knowledge goes. i think it could be the fuel pump but have no idea where to even find that!! please can you help me with simple answers because obviously as you can tell by my post fixing cars arent my strong point!! ive heard the corrado forum is full of amazing helpful people so any help would be amazing.

thanks for helping a mechanical retard.lol

firstly where you based if your localish ill have a look ;)

firstly has it got alarm/imboliser?

have you tested for a spark? if not rip a spark plug out plug into a lead and hold (using rubber handled pliers onto a head bolt) and turn engine over if its sparking could be fuel pump.

remove one of the fuel lines (assuming itsaearly 16v) from the air box the fuel lines have the larger bolt holding them on and fell if theres any fuel there if a small bit. get a small can put the fuel line in there and turn the ignition on this will tell you if the fuel pump is priming.

just a few things to test lol also check for blown fuses

firstly where you based if your localish ill have a look ;)

firstly has it got alarm/imboliser?

have you tested for a spark? if not rip a spark plug out plug into a lead and hold (using rubber handled pliers onto a head bolt) and turn engine over if its sparking could be fuel pump.

remove one of the fuel lines (assuming itsaearly 16v) from the air box the fuel lines have the larger bolt holding them on and fell if theres any fuel there if a small bit. get a small can put the fuel line in there and turn the ignition on this will tell you if the fuel pump is priming.

just a few things to test lol also check for blown fuses

it does have an alarm/immobiliser but disconnected that a while ago as it was playing up! havent checked for spark just changed all the plugs. the reason i think it the fuel pump is cause i cant hear it wen i turn on the ignition.

im in poole in dorset.

hmmm check the lines and see if theres anything there if you get really stuck give us a shout and i can have a look as your only 30 miles away :D but wont be until after gti international though :(

if you can't hear the fuel pump run, I would first check that the fuel pump relay is working, eventually "jump" it for some seconds to see if it will "buzz"...:)

Can't remember the number of it from top of my head (maybe 81 or 181?), but I presume someone in here will be able to say which one it is...;)

ok the plugs seem to be sparking! there is fuel in the lines when i undo that bolt on top of the airbox.

just need to know which relay is for the fuel pump and how would i go about testing it sorry to be so thick but as i say i have no idea but am trying hard and learning and enjoying it as i go!!!