Sign in to follow this  
tyler

bonnet lifters

Hi all

I bought some jom bonnet lifters and was wondering how there fit as the instruction are in german pics would also be useful cheers

right, you may have made a mistake here depending on what you bought as the kits are REALLY badly labelled...

Do you have a late bonnet ( __---__ ) and two struts, or an early bonnet ( ---__--- ) and a single strut? If you have an early bonnet and two struts, or a late bonnet with one strut, they won't fit properly! :brickwall: (yes, I found this from experience too! :bad-words: )

Let us know which combination you have and I'll see if I can find the pictures I have of how to fit them... 8)

anyone help please im going to be bored this afternoon so wouldnt mind fitting them lol :lol:

bugger... I've not got the instructions/pictures for the single strut anymore as all my corrados have had late bonnets...

I do remember trying to work out how to fit a single one to my late bonnet and, from what I remember, it's got a plate that sits inside the re-enforcement of the bonnet, and a ball joint that fits on the slam panel for the other end... I remember thinking that it looked pretty easy to fit, but that there was no way to fit it to a late bonnet as the re-enforcement was in the wrong places... :brickwall: