Sign in to follow this  
Purplebaghera

busted p.c.v !!!!!

Hi. Discovered today that my P.C.V has come apart on my VR6 and have seen and heard that this can be dumped in favour of an oil catchment tank? If this is so, does anybody have any fitting threads or instruction how to fit one? I/E. where to mount it,what pipes to get ,etc ? Do I just connect a pipe from the rocker cover to the tank ,then from the tank to the air intake? or should I just stick with a new P.S.V? Thanks for any info. Best regards Purplebaghera.

New PCV is the simplest solution. Around £25 from Ford (same part as Galaxy V6). VW only sell it along with the intake pipe and it's £££.

New PCV is the simplest solution. Around £25 from Ford (same part as Galaxy V6). VW only sell it along with the intake pipe and it's £££.

Negative GhostRider...

Ford no longer sell the part by itself (or they don't in Germany anyway). They are for sale on eBay for about 35 quid brand new. The guy has shit loads of them.

I bought mine from VW separetly. Asked for it either by part number or by asking for one from a Sharan, cant remember now, anyway I've got a number of 7M0128101. There is a thread on here about it somewhere, cost me just under £30.