Sign in to follow this  
dalevr6

R32 alloys on a Corrado?

HI there, was just wondering if anyone knows if they will fit my 95 vr6 which is lowered 30mm.Im sure the stud pattern is ok but noy sure if they will rub.Has anyone tried to fit a set ? got some lined up so any advice greatly appreciated,cheers

Hi there,

For those that are interested:

Golf R32

Wheel type = OZ Aristo

Wheel Size = 7.5 J x 18"

Offset (mm) = 35

Tyre Size = 225/40-18

Studs = 5 x 100 PCD

So the answer is yes they would fit VR6 models but would require a bit of arch modifications to get the wheels to fit underneath

Cheers

SCOTCORRADOG60

Cheers for the advice, i thought the arches might need work. Has anyone already got some 18's fitted on a Corrado?

Has anyone also got any advice on the coilovers? What is the main difference with coilovers? Are they hight adjustable?

coilovers are a spring and shock combined into one unit and the spring wraps tightly around the shock so you have more wheel clearance and they are normally adjustable

dalevr6

Cheesy on this forum has a set of 7 x 18" technomagnesio Detroit F1 Alloys

on his motor so you could speak to him and see how he got them to fit and what suspension he has. These wheels are also fitted to the MK4 Golf fronted VR6 C which was featured in PVW a while back,

Cheers

SCOTCORRADOG60

as far as i know, its standard body work. arches rolled a iguess tho :lol: and thats not a great pic of i tho, but its the first one i found :)

looks like they will go on then.May need coilovers and a bit of arch work it seems. Ill post some pics when they are fitted.Any opinions on them suiting the c i think they will look ok hopefully!! :lol: cheers Dalevr6.

Well this is what R32 alloys look like on my VR6. The problem is that they don't fit.

They rub on the arches, and also on the struts. Seems like rolling the arches, and coil-overs are the way to go.

I'm after some idea of price for these mods please? What coil-overs are reccomended, and does anyone have any experience of having there arches done?

I would appreciate any help as i'm trying to decide if i'm going to go ahead with the change over from my 17"s.

Cheers, Dale.

Deleted duplicate post Dale.

Was just going to post the same as well Darren. Just my opinion, but I think 16's are the best size/compromise on a lowered C.

BigTartanG60

SCOTCORRADOG60

Struan A.K.A Big Guy

Would the real Struan please stand up. :)

Still need to see this 250bhp beast :) Not seen it going about town yet.

I take that is a photochopped image as you've said they don't fit? Nice chop if that's the case.....and looks like you've got the scaling slightly off as they look more like 20s than 18s.

Which reminds me.....read about the lead singer of Outkast's Hummer in Autoexpress the other day....it rides on 28" wheels! The biggest production auto wheels in the world, they cost something like £17,000 + tyres!

Mad....

Munkay,

Just look out for the mad hissing sound as I approach 8)

I'm in town this weekend wave if you see me,

Cheers

BigTartanG60 (formely known as SCOTCORRADOG60-Changed because people kept calling me Scott? :roll: ) AKA Big Guy (Nickname), real name Struan

Kev,

Its not a photochop, I did fit them and drive it they just rubbed in alot of places. what i said was a bit misleading about them not fitting.they didnt fit very well which is not surprising really.

Interesting that you said they looked like 20s. Ive decided Today not to keep them and im going to sell them and buy a new set of 17s.I fancy Momo GT2s again, i had those on my Mk2 golf and think there quality.

Those 28s must be huge.Bet ATS dont keep tyres for them in stock!!

OK Dale mate, I wasn't sure. To be brutally honest, they make your C look like a Cartoon car, they're just too big, sorry. Good effort in trying them tho and you'll sell them easily I suspect, especially to a MK4 owner.

Yeah those 28s are mad....I tried my best to find a picture on the net but no joy. They are enormous and the tyres are mad, special one-offs with a superb tread pattern. They redefine the term 'Rubber band'.

K