Sign in to follow this  
Quiz

Please Help Im Stuck

I have my motor all broke down minus the crank shaft. I have the pistons out and everything. The problem im haveing is i cant get the damn harmonic balancer off (or the vibration damper whatever you want to call the stupid piece of sh!t). I put the flywheel back on so i could lock down the crank. Im not paying $180 for the stupid part vw says i need in the book. What i need to know is if the threads are left handed. I put all the ass in it that one person could with a cheater bar and still couldnt get the damn thing to break. I know they are a b!tch to get off but damn i aint never ran into anything like this. I just want to make sure im going the right way with the bolt before i move to more drastic measures. I will get this damn thing off on way or another, but i want to make sure im going the right way so i dont mess something up. Is it lefty loosey righty tighty or is the damn thing backwards like a bicycle peddle? If someone can tell me i would be in your debt. Thanks!

C'mon I know somebody on here has dealt with this bolt before. I know there are guys on here that have rebuilt this motor. I live in the country so my next try is going to involve a John Deere tractor and some duck tape. I need some help pleeeeeeeeeeeeeese.