Sign in to follow this  
radojunkie

can you get aftermarket bushes for aftermarket coilovers?

i have some fk highsport coilovers, thinking the bushes have gone as theyve been squeaking and bouncing through the corners a bit more then they use to, does anyone know of anywhere to get the bushes for them?

i need the bushes all round as some of them are going, but my question was based around the rubbers on the fk coilovers i have, just wondering if anyone knew of anywhere to get replacement rubbers for them instead of buying the full units again.

what do you mean about the r32/tt, drafting coilies in from there? or are you talking bout the bushes? cheers pete

there must be millions of bush variations on cars. I had fork seals go on my omtorbike once and found a local place that made seals - not for bikes, but I made sure the dimensions were exact same and they were not perishable to forlk oil.

so yeh, somewhere are going to make them, but its a bit of a needle in hay stack. Its pure luck if someone on here notices your thread and has dones what you've said. I'd try other forums too, like Gti etc. Just ask about places that do bushes for suspension units (coilovers is a bit of a red herring; most front suspension is coil over shock).

Do you know the dimensions of your bushes, or is that why you're just asking for bushes on fk coilovers? Personally I'd search and search; try contacting some SITES and you might find some helpful people, who can firstly tell you what you need, and if it can be done, etc. (I cant picture where the bush is on a front strut, without crawling under, other than a topmount)

i was talking about the bushes on the car (wishbone etc), didn't realise you meant the ones on the coilovers themselves.

your post says? you are only on about the shock, or you mean the wishbones too?

you also dont say how old the coilovers (coil+shock) are. If you are talking about the shocks, then are you meaning lower mount on the rears, or the bump stop and top mounts on the front?

Thats now regardless though. So, are the wishbones aftermarket or VW? Surely the first link was of help then?

I partially dont know why you're going for aftermarket stuff, only other than trying to keep your kit alive; aftermarket bushes tend to be race prep stuff and thus harder, less give. You're replacing the wishbones rubber bush for a solid one? If joints etc have less give, where do you think the forces get transmitted to? Something has to give on the bumpy UK roads. I'd stick with stuff equal to original, but new; somebody will sell rubber ones - ask shops!