Sign in to follow this  
Zeal

brembo's for 4 stud

i'm looking at buying some brembo brakes for my kr corrado, i have been looking at ebay etc and the info on this forum but am still a little confused as to which calipers i can fit.

do i just need the carriers off a seat then i can fit any 4 pot brembo's or do i need a compleat seat brembo setup?

are their any other options aswell? like could i fit porche brakes etc

Ideally you want the Seat setup - try Badger 5

The problem with the Porsche rear calipers is that some of them are not wide enough to take the 28mm disc off the Seat 305mm / 4 stud setup.

cool, thanks, are the badger 5 kits brand new or reconditiond at £745? seems a decent price, i would obviously prefer to save money and get a second hand setup, are the full setups rare second hand?

so i need the 305 discs and the carriers off the seat then i can fit any 4 pot brembo's? with custom brake lines? i keep seeing brembo 4 pots off bmw's etc going for no money and i wonder if i can use these?

badger 5's kits are all brand new parts... and they're excellent too... ;)

the kits do pop up from time to time second hand, at around £500 though... :o

Different OEM brembos have different mounting patterns, so be careful just buying with no research as you could end up with a set of calipers that won't fit due to off-set differences, or that they require thinner disks, or something along those lines...

badger 5's kits are all brand new parts... and they're excellent too... ;)

the kits do pop up from time to time second hand, at around £500 though... :o

Different OEM brembos have different mounting patterns, so be careful just buying with no research as you could end up with a set of calipers that won't fit due to off-set differences, or that they require thinner disks, or something along those lines...

thanks henny that clears it up for me, think i might save a few more bucks and get a brand new kit, that just leaves the engine :)

I have a Brembo set-up on my Corrado. It's a 4 stud as it use to be a G60, but now VR6.

The set-up I have is straight of a Seat ibiza Cupra R. That's 312mm discs (I think need to check), calipers and caliper brackets. I got mine second hand for £450. Not bad price for a such a good upgrade.

If Ibiza they are 305mm discs 4 x 100 and im sure its only the Cupra not the R

If its from the Leon they are 328mm discs 5 x 100