Sign in to follow this  
John-M

How to remove linkbar from ARbar to wishbone ?

The link bar connecting the front antiroll bar to the drivers-side wishbone on my VR has broken.

I have a new one on order - s/be here tommorrow - and I have been able to remove the lower part (where it attaches to the wishbone) ok, but I just cannot see how to remove the part that screws into the end of the AR bar. Where I was expecting a screwhead or a bolt head, there is what looks like a circular plastic 'cover' ( ?? ) with a star pattern on. Nothing to get a grip on, unless you need a special tool ??

I may be able to work it out when I see the new one - but has anyone replaced this bit ?? If so, any advice how to remove this part would be much appreciated.

15mm spanner IIRC, right on the end of the bar before the plastic cap bit.

The drop links screw directly into the end of the ARB. Clean the ARB up a bit more....you should see a flat section at the end. That's the bit you undo.

Done :)

Easy when you know how, lol. Couldn't tell that what looked like the end of the bar was in fact the nut that needed unsrewing.