Sign in to follow this  
ANDREW 30

312mm brake setup question

What kind of money does a 312mm front and 286mm rear brake setup generally come in at?

Also for fitting to a VR6 what other part are needed other than calipers, carriers, disc's and pads

The 288mm setup is a straight fit with the hoses from the same car (female to banjo fitment) - Late MK3 GTI . VR6

The 312mm setup requires a 6mm spacer for the carrier and longer bolts to match.

Good price just for the fronts there...

The rears won't be as easy... not sure if anyone has fitted the vented setup but you will need stud axles and wheelbearings / hubs from a MK4 to do this as it's compeltly different to the corrado rear setup.

Didn't realise they ware 286mm either - thought all rears were 226 or 232mm!

Yeah just MK4 rear calipers but not those ones as they are too wide... not much point doing anything else to the rears really but a vented setup would be good if you can find a way..

My new brakes have arrived all looking good, but the rears are'nt vented disc's anyway i'll have a look to see if there's anyway of getting them on and report back!

Has anyone got any link as to where to buy the 4 of M12x1.5x40 High tensile "set screws" from please.

And just to check before i buy do these links look like the correct goodridge hose kits: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0343200651

And for the rear when i get round to them: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0403997219

Hi mate - If you can hold one for a week I can supply the bolts (got a spare set) and the front hoses - getting some Stainless ones made to order from Goodridge!

(the ones in that link are a good price but the standard hoses are zinc plated and only last 3-5 years before the ends go manky)

I think I have some VR mid hoses spare too so that will give you the 4 hoses so you just need to buy the rear conversion ones above.

That sounds great, what brake lines is it you'll have going spare as ideally after taking things this far i'd like to be putting braided hoses on!

Let me know as they are avaliable and what you want for them!

Oh something else i have'nt asked my calipers have come without any banjo bolts, do the goodridge kits come with banjo bolts?

Andrew

Hello, it's the fronts I have ordered (fully stainless / braided) and I have a couple of sets of mids for a VR I think...

They will work out cheaper than that 6 line kit above so you won't have the standard rears that won't be of use if you go with the MK4 rear conversion...

Banjo bolts - these hoses come with them but as they are for a MK3 GTI they might be the wrong thread pitch for the TT calipers as they changed... you can't get these fron VW without buying hoses but you should be able to get them from a Motorbike shop i'd have thought...

Who are you talking to to get the front hoses on their own? I'll be doing the 312mm conversion soon but I don't need the 6 line kit as I already have MK4 rear brakes.

Timbo - I'm getting them from Goodridge direct - 5 sets as I got some discount and know people are always asking about them

I will do a GB thread when they arrive - will be about £40 posted the pair.

Will stick you guys down for it

When are you expecting to get these brake lines by the way? I've got calipers, discs, bolts, washers and I made some spacers; so all I need now are the hoses :norty:.

I will do a GB thread when they arrive - will be about £40 posted the pair.

Will stick you guys down for it

i will be up for a set of hoses for my 312's please put me down :D

Right - Not doing a GB now as all 5 sets gone via this thread! - PM'd the people on here for payment.

For info these came in at £38 a pair so sending out for £40 to cover my postage costs (hopefully!)

Hi Supercharged, are you intending to get another load of the goodridge hoses from them in the near future?

Really hoping so!

Well my brake hoses and bolts arrived today from supercharged so i thought i'd get all my parts out and try them against the car before fitting at the weekend!

I really wish i had'nt bothered, the 312mm brake setup i bought: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0333439044 is'nt going to fit my car the hole centres on the caliper carriers are around 145mm and the ones on my car are roughly 95mm!

So i then went and grabbed a disc and the hole centre are'nt the same either, im guessing they are 112 instead of 110! :(

So i've spent out £235 on brakes that are'nt going to fit my car to say i'm rather pi$$ed off is an understatement!!! :brickwall:

Well my brake hoses and bolts arrived today from supercharged so i thought i'd get all my parts out and try them against the car before fitting at the weekend!

I really wish i had'nt bothered, the 312mm brake setup i bought: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0333439044 is'nt going to fit my car the hole centres on the caliper carriers are around 145mm and the ones on my car are roughly 95mm!

So i then went and grabbed a disc and the hole centre are'nt the same either, im guessing they are 112 instead of 110! :(

So i've spent out £235 on brakes that are'nt going to fit my car to say i'm rather pi$$ed off is an understatement!!! :brickwall:

Arse!!

Yeah they must have changed them... Calipers maybe ok though (will check ETKA at work tomorrow) but you are probably best off selling that lot and buying another set...

Carrier holes should be 100mm centre to centre and the hole in the disc should be 65mm with a 57.1mm face for the wheel to sit on.

I have some brand new discs and pads I can sell you at a good price if you just find calipers and carriers somewhere...

Andrew - just had a look - Yes you've got MKV parts unfortunately (2004 onwards Golf and A3) and they are completely different...

Thought it was strange them having a 286mm rear setup as the MK4's with 312's got a 256mm vented rear setup.

Hopefully what you paid or them... they must still be an upgrade for MKV owners I'd have thought...

Maybe have a look on the UKMKIV's forum and see if you can shift them on there