Sign in to follow this  
steveo29

g60 drives much better with o2 undone..help please

ive always thought my g60 was a bit dull and sluggish

some time ago while messing around with something i drove it with the o2 undone..it pretty much transformed the car , much more peppy and revvy , more torque steer etc so im confident in saying it drives much nicer with it unplugged

ive sinse tried a new bosch sensor , drives identical to the other one

all service parts are good , everything checks out as i believe it should do

any ideas people ?

Hi mate,

As per pm i can't unplug my lambda without removing it from the exhaust and doing a recalibration, as its a wideband that feeds the original ecu along with the gauge...

First port of call would be the usual earth checks...The ones on the side of the head water flange (or rocker cover on earlier motors) are important as its where a few meet for the c/o pot, throttle switches etc. Obviously check the main box one, and around the battery tray. If they are all clean and looking good then id do a cheque for resistance across the lambda signal.

If you pull the rubber boot off the ecu plug (best remove it first for a good look at the pin numbers) then you should see a purple at pin number 2. Thats the lambda signal wire.

If you stick your test meter on ohms and put one point in beside this wire (with loom plugged in) and your other point to the battery earth. Just see what sort of resistance you get with ignition on/off and also at full running temp while holding the throttle open slightly.

If you want to check individual eaths back to the ecu, then pin 6 is the earth for the lambda (sort of), c/o pot, throttle switches, hall sender. Just have your test probe in pin 6 while using the other probe at each sender/sensor earth.

Neil.

cheers for that

ive checked the o2 signal down by the actual sensor

is there any reason why i cant jam a wire in the ecu plug to make sure the signal is getting to the ecu?

then again i spose it is as otherwise unplugging it wouldnt change anything