Sign in to follow this  
Richardshoes

RSR Outlet

Hi,

I am thinking about this RSR outlet and wondered - Does anyone have any data to prove the difference this makes as a replacement for the silencer box?

Some figures or graphs proving a quicker boost build up would be great.

Cheers.

I think the main point of these is that they don't leak like the silencer box which are notorious for it.

Also can be ported to match the charger outlet.

BBM claim it does all this?

Now includes CNC machined knife edged ribs. The first and original RSR billet g-lader outlet kit. The BBM RSR outlet has far less back pressure restriction than the Rallye Golf adapter outlet. Increases boost pressure with a quicker boost build rate. A solid torque and power increase from the very low rpm's to redline. Sharper throttle response without the damping effect of the factory silencer box. Crisper G-Lader sound, minimizes droning without additional interior noise. A direct replacement for the leak-prone plastic silencer box outlet. Complete kit bolts onto any G60 G-Lader without modifications. CNC machined billet from 6061-T6 aluminum for a perfect fit. Optional port-matched G-Lader outlet housing, please see RS/RSR outlet outlet porting option link below.

Is the G-WERKS unit the same?

Ah ok - I was just talking about the original VAG part...

Yeah the BBM ones is meant to be better in terms of performance - assume G-werks can supply as they are a BBM dealer.

bascially the plastic box flexed so lost pressure in the box the bbm didnt

plus all the stuff off the web site aswell

cheers stu..

Got one.

A type of airfoil has been machined into the two fins. The leading edge is more or less a knife edge, as is the back.

This should reduce turbulence somewhat and create a more laminar flow, bringing the reynoulds number down through this stage.

Does anyone know the displacement for 1 revolution of the G-charger? What is the efficiency like in terms of boosting the displaced air to a higher pressure?

DSC01910.jpg

DSC01913.jpg

A nicely machined unit. Will install this weekend and see if I can note any difference.

rsr2.jpg

Here is a screenshot of some analysis. Red indicates increased velocity.

The parameters are wrong, as I still don't know the output flow from the G-charger? :?

Got it installed.

Seems a little louder and perhaps marginally more responsive.

Plan to monitor boost levels at varying locations along the boost path, The route seems rigorous and I expect there is a significant loss involved in flowing from the charger down through the small air/air intercooler then up into the throttle body, through that and into the inlet manifold.

Hello,ive been tyring to get an RSR Outlet kit for my g60 as the standard silencer box has cracked. ive phoned jabba,they carnt get any and g-werks said they are gettin some in a couple of weeks which they told me a couple of weeks ago.is there anywere else in the uk that sell these kits.thanks. :help:

Hello,ive been tyring to get an RSR Outlet kit for my g60 as the standard silencer box has cracked. ive phoned jabba,they carnt get any and g-werks said they are gettin some in a couple of weeks which they told me a couple of weeks ago.is there anywere else in the uk that sell these kits.thanks. :help:

i fitted a rsr outlet got from g-werks they said the same it tuck 3 months

http://www.maddoggsyndicate.com

My rsr outlet kit should arrive tomorrow,YAY.ive seen youre vids eddy,it sounds good mine sounds like a hovercraft at the mo with that cracked silencer box.

My rsr outlet kit should arrive tomorrow,YAY.ive seen youre vids eddy,it sounds good mine sounds like a hovercraft at the mo with that cracked silencer box.

thanks mate think of all the boot you will have :clap:

how long has it took did you order from g-werks

i got all excited for nothing,dint turn up,b@[email protected] delivery van that rolled up i thought was for me.lol. yeah i order it with g-werks its been a month since i've ordered it, i phoned a few times beforehand an they dint have any in stock...... i hope it turns up soon,dont fancy waiting 3 months. :(

my mate had the same thing 3 months . which bit is cracked i my have 1

what part of Manchester are you form

YES! it turned up this morning and i fitted it during my dinner brake, carnt believe the difference its made.the box had broke were the 2 halfs meet and had a crack on the lower bolt hole, it was fooked,went straight in the bin.im very impressed overall,iam from stalybridge you know it? thanks lads. :D