Sign in to follow this  
Buddha

Hello to all from across the pond!!!!

Hi, everybody. My name is Zac :D . I am from Allentown, PA in the U.S. and normally frequent the VWVortex. I happened to stumble upon your site last night and figured I would give it a shot. Very nice setup here I might add. This forum is more centered around my car so I think I will be frequenting here more often. Just wanted to say hello and hope to have some interesting conversations with you all in the future :) .

I took a look at most of the recent posts and there seems to be alot of guys on here that are very helpful, and look out for each other. If you guys need anything from the states let me know. There are alot of junkyards around the area with Corrado's. Let me know what you need and the going price for these things over there. I will definetly try to beat that price :wink: . I would of course ask for that comrodory in return. I don't know if I spelled that right, but oh well.

A little bit about my car before I go....

It is a U.S. spec Burgundy Pearl 92 Corrado SLC 2.8L DOHC, custom fogs, turns, eurosport cai, low temp thermo/switch, momo interior, diamond audio components, alpine deck, koni shocks, h&r springs, genie header, remus catback, DE upgraded brakes.

Take it easy fellas! Hope to chat with you all very soon. Dub Pride!!!! 8)

Hi Buddha and welcome to the forum.

We have tried to setup a very friendly & helpful community and its nice to see that newcomers can see that.. I hope you enjoy your time here :)

Your motor sounds pretty tasty.. you gonna get some pics snapped up for us? :D

Hi Welcome to the group

come it put your feet up and relax, all your corrado problems disappear in here, rather than the money out of your wallet dissapearing!!

Hey Buddha nice to see some Vw pride in the area. Was wondering if you would be willing to take a trip or two during the summer and come down this way with you car to a local show every wednesday night. I'm like one of the only Vw that shows most the times and it would be great to see another C down around here seeing as there are so few. My area is completely over takin by rice burners and what not. On top of that you should come down to High st. in Pottstown on a friday night. I usuaaly cruise up to see my friends and to give the hondas a hard time. :D

Hi Buddah,

'How you do'in' :D. Welcome to the forum, you're right there is a friendly bunch here. 8) A problem may beat you but, it won't beat all of us.

Welcome Buddha!

Forgive my ignorance, but what does SLC mean?

One thing that always puzzles me about VW is why they give the American market a dilluted version of what Europe get. My 2.9 develops 200bhp in standard trim but you guys would need to spend a fair bit of cash to get that much out the 2.8!

Maybe the 2.9 didn't meet the US emission regulations.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure you love your car to bits, I've just never understood why the Americans get short changed engine wise. Even the 16V A2 was down on power compared to the European model, but then US ones had catalytics, ours didn't :-)

As for bits, I'd love some Neuspeed Anti-Roll bars (Sway bars in your lingo) and strut braces please!! Don't the Vortech Superchargers originate from your country? How much are they over there? They cost a fortune over here!

Cheers

Kev

94 VR6

Welcome Buddha!

Forgive my ignorance, but what does SLC mean?

One thing that always puzzles me about VW is why they give the American market a dilluted version of what Europe get. My 2.9 develops 200bhp in standard trim but you guys would need to spend a fair bit of cash to get that much out the 2.8!

Maybe the 2.9 didn't meet the US emission regulations.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure you love your car to bits, I've just never understood why the Americans get short changed engine wise. Even the 16V A2 was down on power compared to the European model, but then US ones had catalytics, ours didn't :-)

As for bits, I'd love some Neuspeed Anti-Roll bars (Sway bars in your lingo) and strut braces please!! Don't the Vortech Superchargers originate from your country? How much are they over there? They cost a fortune over here!

Cheers

Kev

94 VR6

i'm pretty sure SLC means Sport/Light/Coupe....though i could well be wrong! :wink: :oops:

oops forgot to say welcome to the forum Zac..........i'm sure you'll find lots of information that'll be of good use to you and i'm sure you'll be able to help us out likewise

i'm off to the us in may/june. are there any shows or stores worth visiting over there. i will be in san fransisco, illinois and new york.

jim

iceman: I would definetly be up for some Philidelphia Area get togethers. As a matter of fact I was just in King of Prussia for a meet on 3/2. Over 100 cars showed up!! It was a great time. Oh, and as far as Pottstown goes.... I go down there a few times a year with my friends. We usually cruise up and down high street and hang out at Mickey D's until the fuzz shows up. Just email me or something when you wanna hang.

kevhaywire: SLC stands for Sport Luxury Coupe. Yes we did get very shortchanged and always seem to with engine capabilities. Your 2.9L accesories and bolt ons are highly wanted in the states such as inatke manifolds, and throttle bodies. Hell I'd take a 2.9L if shipping wasn't so much. I'll check around and see how cheap I can get the nuespeed bars for. As the vortech superchargers go. What are you looking for. They are not too cheap over this way either. But let me know what you are interested in and I'll check it out.

jimscorrado: If you are in the New York area this will take up most of your time. You won't want to leave. This is the best city hands down in the U.S. On I think July 21 and 22 the biggest VW show in the state is in New Jersey. It is called Waterfest. I think this is the sixth annual one. This is regarded as one of the biggest annual events worldwide!!!! I actually get tired, sunburnt and very drunk every year at this show. I have never ever seen more vdubs in one location!!! This is a must see when you come over. It takes place at Raceway Park in New Jersey. check out the website I think it is http://www.waterfest.com not sure on the ending. Try a search if it doesn't work.

Guys, I'll try to get some pics of my car up as soon as the snow melts and I can actually clean my car well enough. I hate cleaning it when I know it is going to get dirty five minutes after I wash it.

Actually i live in pottstown right on high street. right across from the exxon station down near k-mart. I don't spend much time cruisen it cause it gets beat after awhile cause i live here and all but let me know when you go down and i'll cruise around. The little get together every wednesday night is at the Giant parking lot in Trooper. Lots of muscle cars adn HKAutodesign cars. Dunno if you know that club(all rice burners) I heard about the KoP show after the fact it happened.

Ohh yeah forgot the mention like every weekend bunch of guys i know go down Front st. in philly not sure whos goin down now cause my friend wrecked his car racin but hopefully we'll still go down.

iceman: I don't mind rice. As long as they are not too immature. I hate hanging out with immature people, that is how trouble starts. But I would definetly be down for hanging out. Most probably in April. It is too damn cold to hang out outside yet. Plus my car will get hella dirty quick with all the road salting in PA this time of year. :mad: Uh, just give me a call when you think something is coming up. I need about a week's notice so I can get off of work. 610-248-8017, just ask for ZAC. Later guys.

I hear you on the cold part i'm stuck working all day in it. But i'll defintly give you a buzz. I;'ll see if i can round up some friends and we can do like a VW take over of high street one night. And with the immature people i don't hang out with those people cause of the fact that they always seem to want to find a fight or start something. Myself, i just like to chill and let my car do the talking. 8)

what's up buddha. nice nick. i'm feelin the cold too man.. we've been getting -30C with windchill up here eh. no chance of getting the corrado outside in this slop.

kevhaywire, we get shortchanged on engine's because our roads have low speed limits to accomodate all the idiots over here.. and because we're cheap so the faster/more expensive stuff doesn't sell as well. cheers.

G60, we have our fair share of idiots too and fewer cops to contend with, so our 70mph limit is rarely adhered to. You may have low speed limits but that's no reason why you should be denied the same accelerative power. We have lower speed limits than the Germans but we still get the same spec as theirs.

Hi. I feel a bit funny welcoming you to this forum coz i'm new here too, But welcome anyway, Everyone's been really cool and helpful to me, i think it's great. It's good to know that there are people that actually know what they're talking about when it comes to corrado's. :)