Sign in to follow this  
Album56

G60 Lambda change

Just ordered a Bosch 4w lambda No 0258003165 for my 92 G60 from here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bosch-Front-Lambd ... 286.c0.m14 for £53 inc p&p which is an absolute bargain. I have been thinking about changing it as car has 133k on the clock & although runs very well most of the time I do get the occasional flat spot when trying to suddenly accelerate with engine up to temp which makes me think the lambda may be getting tired. Have used some contact cleaner on the plug /socket which seems to help & as the signal from the lambda to the ECU is 0.3 - 0.9v the contacts need to be clean, wires are ok & I note its recommended to be changed at 60k. Anybody done this recently & got any tips, I imagine its gonna be a right bstd to get the original one out after 17yrs.

Mick

I was actually surprised how easily mine came out and I just used a 22mm open ended spanner too!

Just make sure it all gets cliped back in place ok - there is a cable tie or two I think needed.

You also want to clean up the earth point at the plug and fit a new nut.

Other thing to consider is maybe a good time to fit a cat bypass?

Thanks for that, you've made me feel more confident about attempting this, I was in two minds wether to let my little backstreet VW garage that do my servicing do this but knowing how important it is to get a good earth on the bracket & make sure the wires follow the correct path with ties etc I dont know wether to trust them with my pride & joy although everything they have done in the past has been ok.

:shrug: