Sign in to follow this  
krnau

quick help about t-piece for oil temp sender, please :)

Hi. I am needing to install a second temp gauge into my C due to mfa water temp being ok, but oil temp going up to 140ºC :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

so I need to buy a t-piece, but I just don't know what diameter, etc :|

I have found some 3/8 ones, but... what is 3/8 :eek: :eek: ??

i.e. http://www.snakebite.com.au/gaugesvdoad ... =2&sort=2a

which one should I buy?

I am going to get this gauge http://cgi.ebay.es/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... K:MEWAX:IT

(yes. too cheap. if only it lasts 1 month it will be ok :lol: :lol: :lol: )

3/8 refers to the thread size of the sender. The thread for the oil temp sender in the Corrado is M10x1, so if you are fitting a second gauge (and want to retain the original temp sender as well) you'll need a t piece which is M10x1 male (for screwing into the car), M10x1 female (for the original oil temp sender) and then the second female thread in what ever size the sender is with the gauge you are getting.

Before doing that though have you tried replacing the oil temp sender?

yes I have :(

the problem is that oil temp shows (normally) 105 - 115ºC, and I have never seen water going further than 93ºC (aprox).

but SOMETIMES (in summer only, I might say) water stays OK but oil jumps from 105 to 138, then 125, 132, 112 etc... :nuts:

that sounds VERY similar to my problem - oil temp apparently jumping all over the place. Mine turned out to be the clocks - try another set of clocks in your car just to confirm. I replaced teh sender and rewired the spade connector too./ Unfortunately i dont know how to go about fixing the MFA oil temp circuit (electronics whizz on the forum who can help???) It may be an earthing problem as the power requireed in the clocks is so small that an earth fault could change the resistance hence affect the MFA reading.

hi. I have another set of clocks, but unfortunately, they are UK ones (with fahrenheit I think?) :?

I will try to isolate the sender (the external section) and to install an oil temp gauge.

thanks

hi. I have another set of clocks, but unfortunately, they are UK ones (with fahrenheit I think?) :?

I will try to isolate the sender (the external section) and to install an oil temp gauge.

thanks

No, we work on Celcius as well over here. Its the Yanks that use Farenheit.

thanks

No, we work on Celcius as well over here. Its the Yanks that use Farenheit.

oh. sorry then :lol: :lol: