Sign in to follow this  
MonkeyVR6

Problems with Neuspeed 180 Degree 3 Pole Fan Switch

From the picture it looks like all three pins are in a line? From the reading I've done on these switches over the last couple of days (I need one) that's the right formation for early Corrados. I think for your car you need the one where the middle pin is slightly higher - I'm sure someome will confirm.

Anyone know where i can get one for a late-model Corrado?

I e-mailed Awesome but they didn't get back to me. :( What a waste of £25!

Don't be too upset. I bought one for my car, and the guys at DG Autotech found that it was actually switching on at HIGHER temperatures than the fecking genuine VW one that I replaced it with... :|

Right...so I'll just get one from Volkswagen next week.

Anyone know what fuse or relay controls the water temp? I'll replace that too.

I've got an early valver and its goes straight in. Been fitted for over a year now and never missed a beat fan kicks in at about 80-85 and never lets the temp go over 90 (even sitting in traffic when the UK actually has a hot day). On longer runs car never goes over 85 and on cooler days sits at 80 all the way.

Would highly recommended if you want to keep temp down.

Not sure about later rado's and not sure about the adaptor it only mentions mk3 and mk4. Drop them an email at awesome and see what they say :?

As Jim says those switches are crap and fairly pointless, just buy a standard new one from VW and fix whatever it is that's causing high temps.

I've changed everything on my cooling system since I owned the car because it ran hot all the time. Water pump, Head Gasket twice, Every pipe, Oil cooler, Expansion Tank, Radiator twice. After all this and it ran fine with no leaks, losses of water or overheating I fit one of these. Would agree with supercharged to get the overheating problem fixed first then fit either genuine vag or one of these if you still want to.

Im not saying these fix a problem but if you get a good one then they can actually be okay :)

I've got one fitted to mine, would explain a lot if the dont work very well. Hopefully a proper VAG one will sort it out :D My car is a 94 VR and has the 3 pins in a row FYI.

I have also got to mention that my car has ran 100 times better since removing the Neuspeed Cold Thermostat, left the car in "cold" mode all the time, meaning it ran rich and used loads of petrol.