Sign in to follow this  
ANDREW 30

Will these NGK plugs be okay to use?

Hi i've bought some new platinum NGK plugs for my 94 VR the plug number is :BKR5EKUP 2890 will they be okay in my car, as i've since checked on the ngk site they list a different model plug for my year of car!

Andrew

Hmm, the one you mention is for a VR 1995 onwards. The BKR5EKU 3964 is for the pre 95 VR's so say NGK.

But you've bought them now (and if you bought them cheap off fleabay), so first off, take out your plugs and ensure they're the same thread and same reach/length. If so, then it cannot hurt to try them. If it misses, take them out. (although you may have lead/cap problems if the same problem is found with use of the old plugs too). I'd assume the KUP plug is newer and possibly better; cant do much harm.

NB: always put a torque spanner on plugs; dont over tighten or under tighten - both can lead to plugs popping out.

I have heard various things about plugs and the VR6, one thing is that the BKR-5-EKU (as stated above) is your best bet.

Have heard about people having problems, and turned out to be the plugs, even the platinum things I'v heard bad things about when it comes to the VR6.

(Reason for saying "heard" is that I haven't got any personal experience with other plugs then the BKR-5-EKU, but I was asking around when I first got my first VR6 and that was generally the answers I got)......

There might be other people who have different experience with em though...;)

I'll take them off you, for a pound.... :tongue:

How much were they? If you want rid, I might be interested....