Sign in to follow this  
orangepeel

g60 fuel pump probs

The fuel pump on my 91 G60 has packed in and I let a local mechanic take a look at it thinking it would be an easy enough job to replace, but he seems to be having problems sourcing the correct fuel pump. He ordered what he took to be the correct one from euro car parts but found that it didnt fit and is now saying that the correct pump is going to cost £200 plus fitting. Just wondering what my options are here...do i give him the money or tow it elsewhere to someone who knows a bit about corrados or have a go myself? He didnt seem keen on stripping the old housing down and fitting an after market pump as he reckons there is a danger of explosion.....I dont really fiddle with brakes or fuel myself but am starting to think this would be the far cheapest option. Any advice would be great.

If it's a late G60 then it shares the same pump as the VR6, new ones require a different sender but Euro should know this...

Best to buy straight from VW really - they won't get it wrong!

Should be £100 ish for the pump and another £40 for the sender

Thanks for that....I had completely forgot about VW...They want £147 for the pump and £ 55 for the sender so it looks like it will save me a bit of cash...think I will just DIY it as well, doesn't look too hard a job.

Whereabouts in Refrewshire are you? I'm in Paisley and have a mechanic who is well clued up on Volkswagens and doesn't charge an arm and a leg. He's done a few jobs on my C and I have no complaints except sometimes he's a bit tardy sending out the bill.

I'm in Bishopton...Had the car been running I would probably have taken it to JR Volkswagen in Paisley but I wouldnt try to tow it. After having a better look at it I think I will just fit it myself...hopefully it goes easily.

JR 's where I take mine though I have the advantage that I live just up the road from him and can almost coast to his door. Hope everything goes well for you