Sign in to follow this  
rajarella

Removing rad support

I have removed the cross member and now want to remove the rad support. There is a pipe the comes from the bottom of rad and through the rad support which is stopping me from removing it. Any tips on what to do next?

Right so I have now realised it is the powersteering fluid pipe that goes through the radiator support. I assume there is no way of removing the support without disconnecting the power steering and draining the fluid?

Rich

i know what bit you mean from taking my front end off, but didn't take the rad support off, probably for the same reason, or i didn't need to.

but i think yes, you would need to disconnect that pipework

Right so I have now realised it is the powersteering fluid pipe that goes through the radiator support. I assume there is no way of removing the support without disconnecting the power steering and draining the fluid?

Rich

No,but that is no big deal.Just make sure it is topped back up with the correct hydraulic fluid b4 starting,and then double check the level once you do.