Sign in to follow this  
bad-vw-boy

1.8 or 2.0 16v ?

Looking to buy a raddo asap but just wanted to know which one people think is the better one to go for the 1.8 or the 2.0 16v suggestions?

the one with the least rust in it.

overall condition is your best guide, see what cars you an find with both engines, there's little in it performance or economy wise, some people prefer the late style dash but it has it's own weaknesses. Some of the late cloth interiors aren't particularly nice looking IMO and have the flat rear bench

A 2L will have ABS and the slightly different electrics, a lot of 1.8's have dealer fit electric windows, check by seeing if it has one touch drivers window controls.

The 2L injection system can be a little tricky to diagnose problems with, the 1.8's is simpler and you have no CAT to worry about.

I've got a 2 litre 16v with a kr cam and it pulls like a train. I'd say its almost the same as my cordoba sx with a 2.0 abf. :grin: Don't have anything to compare it against 1.8 wise, suppose you pay your money and makes your choice.