Sign in to follow this  
nedssx

Golf 4 rear calipers.

ahh sorry my mistake, i was under teh assumption mk4 golfs all had the 280s, that must only be the 4mo's and possibly the r32's then

A lot of MK4's have 232x9mm solids on the rear, 4mo's have 256x22mm

I am so glad i came across this thread :D need to sort my brakes out, mk4 rear calipers with the braided hoses and G60 fronts are my option now!

Just to clear things up ill need calipers from a normal mk4 Golf and not a 4 motion right?

Just to clear things up ill need calipers from a normal mk4 Golf and not a 4 motion right?

I have done quite a bit of looking into this. The only items on will need for the very basic swap is mk4 golf rear calipers, not 4 motion ones. Also goodridge mk2-mk4 braided hoses.

I am going to change my rear calipers with in the next few weeks for some MK4 calipers.

So today I want to the dealers to find out about the Banjo bolts for the hoses, as I haven`t got any with the calipers.

So my question is do you get new Banjo bolts with the new Goodridge hoses, or am I going to have to sause them from some were else ?

pads are the same! ;)

Thats lucky, I have just got a brand new set of green stuff pads. So all I need are the calipers and braid hoses?

Try C&R enterprises for the conversion hoses cheapest i could find

So in a nutshell mk4 rear caliper bolt straight on to corrado carriers. They use the corrado handbrake cable, discs and pads.

The only extra thing you need for the very basic upgrade is mk2-mk4 goodridge braided hoses?

Is this correct guys?

Exactly that :clap:

Think I'm gonna attempt this conversion this week, are there any special tools that'll make it easier, like a bearing puller, or caliper wind back tool? I've got all the usual tools but never done any work on the brakes.

T