Sign in to follow this  
farrantino

need help with a prob

hi all, just bought my firts corrado and she seems to have a little problem, its a 9a 2.0 16v engine, sometime struggle to start, wont rev past 1500 rpm, and when trying to drive it like it has kangaroo petrol, but sometime it will rev past and be ok, then if left idling it returns to the problem.

what could be the prob.

thank in advance for the replies.

just to let u kno, fixed the car last night, the prob was a sensor on top of the throttle housing which i can only think it being a rev limiter, disconnected it and she drive beutifully, thanks again for the advice, will hope to see u all soon at a meet, cheers

been reading a view old post and i think wot was causing my prob is the knock sensor (which i have disconnected, i think) is it ok to drive the car still?

ok, cool, when i bought the car it wouldnt rev, until i disconnected it and she drives fine, would it be the switch or sumin else, if it is the switch were can i get one from

cheers

could be idle valve if its revving up by itself and then settling again, also vacuum leak, fuel air mixture, allsorts of possibilities tbh!!

Try doing a search for different things and start with the cheapest and easy tests first. You will find the problem in the end

ok, i think a little bit of bad explaining, what happens is when i floor it it will only rev to 2k but pulse rather then flow if that makes ne sence thanks again

hi all, thanks for eading.

i recently bought a corrado 2.0 16v 9a engine, when i bought her she wouldnt drive(kangarooing all the time and not revving past 1.5k), so i looked around and disconnected a micro switch on the intake and it worked fine (as far as i kno 1st time corrado).

then yesterday i serviced it and no.4 ht lead had a sensor thing on it, now being me i put the new leads on with out this extra piece.

and today took it for a spin and doesnt seem to pull as much, and she seems to idle just above 1k

also i think she running rich, the exhaust is jet balck and smells, lol, and when i rev it the exhaust pops as the revs die (rev die down slow).

ne ideas would be great

cheers

That WOT switch tells the ECU to look at the lambda signal so I assume something around that area is not right...

You should be able to unscrew the lead to fit the sensor...

hi again, look throught old post and none have the same sypmtoms as mine,

my corrado 2.0 16v 9a, has developed another problen, it seem to be over fueling, when i disconnect the 2 pin temp switch(under the dizzy), it runs but lumpy and when reconnected while run she cuts out, and struggles to start, bought a new sensor and the same happens.

would it now be the lambda probe or something else??????????

thank in advance

Mine was running filthy rich,black smoke,little oomph, with a recently fitted lambda too,garage found the fault was two broken wires sending the info from the lambda to the ecu. Now runs sweet,powers back and gets upto 39mpg.Might just be the same prob?

nice one will have a quick look at the lambda but bot sure its tht, because it runs beautifully when up to temp with the two pin temp switch disconnected, as soon as the temp switch is connected it strugles

my local motor factor :(, could tht really cause the prob

YES! Go get one from VAG... "repro" switchs are notorious for problems..

As to getting into the tank from the boot... why? :shrug: