Sign in to follow this  
Blondie1

Which coilovers and how low??

Im not quite sure which coilovers to go for, Ive had two recommendations:

Hottuning ones:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

And these:

http://www.independent-inventory.com/sh ... ts_id=3161

Any1 have any experience with the above?? how do you rate them? I ideally want to drop it 100mm, any1 on here done that and if so how does you rado drive dropped that much? orrr would 85mm be better???

Both will be complete toilet for £200, give a bouncy ride and sieze up within a year on British roads. You'd be better off saving your money until you can spend more than twice that.

Most questions like this are on the 'Suspension Discussion Thread' below:

http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewto ... 23&t=39334

With regard to how low - I would aim for a fixed drop- just what ever suits you. If you like to drive with conviction, extremely low wil caused dented sumps and ripped off spoilers if you're running a 90mm one.

This kit is of comparable quality to units offered by Gmax, Pi, FK, Weitec and Jamex.
I just spat a triple Vanilla Latte ( :camp: ) everywhere!

Weitec are basically "dumbed down" KWV-1's (essentail difference is no stainless body) so Yeah a set of chep £200 coilies are going to compere with £500+ ones

Just like the Reliant Robin compered with the Rolls Silver Shadow ! :epicfail:

You get what you pay for and at £50/unit/corner, that's not a lot!

As to height, I'd go no lower than keeping the a-arms level, problems with being super-low, apart from ripping stuff off, will also be that all your other suspension components will be working at the maximum end of their designed travel all the time! So you can expect Bushings etc to fail quicker too.

Hot-tuning are notoriously bouncy too, a problem if you're female and *cough* well endowed... :grin:

As to height, I'd go no lower than keeping the a-arms level, problems with being super-low, apart from ripping stuff off, will also be that all your other suspension components will be working at the maximum end of their designed travel all the time! So you can expect Bushings etc to fail quicker too.

He's right yu know; too low will probably cause problems with the drive shaft too; not meant to be driven there (low) all the time.

Not just because we have the definitive suspension thread, which I appreciate is a little on the large side, but closing this as 'budget suspension' threads are everywhere. Just search for hottuning and I'm sure you'll get lots of info/opinions (basically saying save your pennies!).