Sign in to follow this  
jumboVR6

help me please! got probs adjusting my camber..

had a new wishbone fitted and camber is out in the negative..... how do i adjust??.. im pretty good with my hands, but dont wanna touch anything without being sure.... any help would be greatly appreciated. :shrug:

had a new wishbone fitted and camber is out in the negative..... how do i adjust??.. im pretty good with my hands, but dont wanna touch anything without being sure.... any help would be greatly appreciated. :shrug:

just to keep your tyre wear to the minimum until you can get proper aligment checks done I'd slacken the hub to suspension leg bolts and adjust until you get around 0.5-1 degree of negative camber, on a 15" wheel that's about 7mm off the vertical from top to bottom on the wheel rim.

Ditto

get it done by laser alignment its the best way

But if you're going for a quick fix until you see the Laser guys, do as Wort says. Im sure he means the bolts in this picture, labeled 'A' HERE.

From the pic you can see one bolt, but there is a second lower down too. Slacken both off (with car in air) and you'll see there is movement - adjust accordingly - but its a minute job. Hence its so important to get Laser alignment.

thanks a lot people... great help... just gonna do a quick job for my tyre, till i can get it on the laser... thanks again.. :notworthy:

if you get the camber about right the car shouldn't pull one way or the other, but if the toe (in or out) isn't right you'll scrub both front tyres over time, so don't leave it too long before getting all properly checked. A lot of toe in will tend to give very good straight line stability and steering self centering not to mention wearing the inside edges of both tyres.