Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Roddys VR6 Storm (A2 GON) in the Sunday Mirror!!

Roddy?

Do you know that your car is in the Sunday Mirror? Page 73, column on the right hand side of the page!

Quentin Wilsons section on cars lists some coupes worth buying under £5k - and I was gob smacked to spot a Corrado there and was even more gob smacked to realise it was Roddy's VR!!

Did you even know about this mate? Your little bit of fame!! :D

Yeah.. I doubt very much he'd consider selling it for 5K! Though it wasn't listed as a Storm, just said that good condition Corrado VR6's can be picked up for about 5k now a days.

Roddy?

Do you know that your car is in the Sunday Mirror? Page 73, column on the right hand side of the page!

Quentin Wilsons section on cars lists some coupes worth buying under £5k - and I was gob smacked to spot a Corrado there and was even more gob smacked to realise it was Roddy's VR!!

Did you even know about this mate? Your little bit of fame!! :D

yeah pau1 told me about it....they have several pics of my car from a "me & my car" feature in the daily record's motoring supplement which was run last year........and the daily record is part of the mirror group

however they stated that last of the line vr6's with 60k would be worth £5k :shock: :shock: !!!.......................although mine is not in mint condition(more like good condition) it has fvwsh and "only" 53k on it i wouldn't want anything less than £7.5k for it......which imo isn't being greedy and of course i have no intention of selling it at all either.

its funny too that only a few years back quentin wilson was saying if you find a storm that you should lock it away in a garage as its a sure-fire future classic

Roddy, any chance you could get me a copy of the article and I'll guarantee a place in The Sprinter... :lol:

Jez,

I can post you the item from the Sunday Mirror as well if you want/need it!

Roddy, any chance you could get me a copy of the article and I'll guarantee a place in The Sprinter... :lol:

i'm pretty sure brian rose has a copy..........i think i have 1 or 2 kicking about though if brian doesn't still have the one i gave him at inters last year

I dont wanna be picky but

I kinda think thats a bit hypocritical of you there, considering you had a go about someone posting your articles on here!! hope you get permission!! :shock:

You still see people asking 10K for a Storm. That's E36 M3 money!

Kev

agree there kev m8.....but its hi-mile avg cond e-36 m3 money and low-mile A1+ condition storm money...so its not really a fair comparison

also if a vr6 is expensive to maintain/repair the m3 can be hideously expensive... £1500 for the vanos springs to mind,also standard tyres on the vr6 are pretty cheap whereas std tyres on the m3 can be pretty dear too...especially the back ones...also another thing that puts me off the e-36 m3 is the fact that its too easy to tart up any e-36 coupe to look-like the m3 and there is literally tens of thousands more e-36 coupes than Corrados.....also you still see good e-30 m3's around the £10k mark too.....though these are more driver involved than the e-36 and are more desirable to the enthusiast admittedly,but makes you wonder why the newer more powerful model is as cheap to buy :wink: :?

anyway imo top-price i would pay now for a storm would be £9k and it would have to be under 30k miles with total vwsh with not a scratch on it and with a totally immaculate interior too

just my £0.02ps worth kev m8 :wink:

I'll offer him 5 k for it !!! LOL :lol:

why would you want a slower Corrado :?: :?: LOL :lol: :wink:

I dont wanna be picky but

I kinda think thats a bit hypocritical of you there, considering you had a go about someone posting your articles on here!! hope you get permission!! :shock:

I was just gonna reference it... :shock: :roll: