Sign in to follow this  
rookierod

coming off the road

hi as we only have the corrado on the road atm i am now getting my ass in gear to sort out and mot the wifes fiesta as gonna take the rado of road for a lil bit for some tlc. it has been slowly drinking water for a while now and got some oil leaks but the crank seal has now gone badly. so im gonna do crank seal sump full head gasket set, skim etc

is it worth doing rings and bottem end shells to or not? the lump has done 156k and still running nice except the leaks lol. but am i better doing this or just getting another second had lump? wheres best place to go for my gaskets etc? car is a late 2ltr 16v

also would need timing kit to and may as wel chuck in a krcam to. but is it all worth it. just dont want to buy a lump and the couple months down line it starts knocking. plan on keeping the car for a while.

if your keeping do a rebuild your know its been done properly and it should last awhile the problem with 2nd hand lumps is u dont know the history :(

yeah that what i thinking, anyone got a rough idea of parts cost? can do all the work obv except from skimming. just trying to talk the misses into the idea of rebuilding.