Sign in to follow this  
remix

coolant leak - new question 3rd post

well picked up my new rado today.all fine, slight rattle but fixable.anyway after driving it home, then going out for some food.then going for a little drive i get home and switch it off again.only for that very second it to dump all its coolant(i think, its dark) and i mean the lot.im guessing/hoping a pipe has just popped off somewhere and in the light see it, it sounded like it was coming from the round clear coolant tank(i assume thats for coolant)

any tips for me for tomorrow, or just trace pipe to pipe till i find the bugger?!

Yep - just have a poke around in the bay. More than likely a pipe and not uncommon for a pipe to split as soon as you turn off the engine.. should be obvious amounts of coolant sprayed around the source of the split! :)

hmmm, well ive been looking round it, traced every pipe i cant find and no obvious leaks.but i did find the fan wasnt connected up,

could the car of overheated and when i turned it off it all pour out the expansion tank somehow as thats where it looked like it was coming from, and there also seemed to be a hiss of pressure leaking out from there too.

o how i hate searching for stuff on a car you find every little bit of rust/oil/whatever it is :( and i still cant quite locate the rattle ive got either.

musnt let the car win! so i decided to tint my front headlights to cheer myself up abit.