Sign in to follow this  
bad-vw-boy

Heater blowing Cold Air!!!

Got in my car this morning and found that my heater has stopped working, the fan works but just blows cold air..... what is the best things to check before i have to start considering the heater matrix is knackered.....and how easy is it to replace...is there a how to section on this?

there's no valve in the matrix itself so it could be a couple of things.

1 no water in the matrix, i.e. air, the water is down on level for some reason

2 blocked flow through or to the matrix, could be faulty by-pass valves from the recall work

feel the hoses to and from the matrix at the bulkhead, that'll give you a clue

Okay checked the cable and seems to be connected to the selector in the cabin controls, i ran the engine and the pipes seem to get hot, they seem a little soft and could prob abably do with replacing......just a question where does the cable at the back of the cabin controls got to ???? :brickwall:

to the flaps that direct the flow of air, you can see them if you remove the passenger side under dash tray and look up behind the centre console.

Okay checked the cable and seems to be connected to the selector in the cabin controls, i ran the engine and the pipes seem to get hot, they seem a little soft and could prob abably do with replacing......just a question where does the cable at the back of the cabin controls got to ???? :brickwall:

they will be soft and should be hot both sides , good luck finding some there a discontued part if you do tell me :D