Sign in to follow this  
myles

vr6 vag com not reading

having a problem with my 95 vr6 at the moment.it is running but appears to be over fuelling and only running on 5 cylinders. i put a draper diagnostic tool on it and it came up with a fuel pump relay sensor, which i thought was irrelevent , we kept clearing the faults and it kept coming back.

today i hooked up vag com and it would not read it at all. my fuel pump is running all the time and the sump now has petrol in it, i assume its getting down past the rings.

We tried disconnecting the ecu but the pump was still running and vag com would still not work even though we tried it on another car as well and it worked perfectly.

i thought with the ecu disconnected it might still read for an abs fault but no.

i am now going to change the fuel pump relay which was the original fault that showed up, does anyone know what number it is please.

any opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'd forget vagcom for a while and compression test it first of all. running on 5 and fuel in the sump could be pointing to a (at worst case) damaged pot or piston.

Fuel pump relay is 67 - bottom row right hand side and usually blue coloured.

thanks for the reply. first thing i did was check the compression. all cylinders showed between 130-150lbs. was happy with that. when i switch on the ignition the pump stays on and you can hear and smell the petrol being injected into the engine, surely the fault lies there somewhere.

will try replacing that no67 relay, but i suppose even if that was faulty the petrol should still not be getting past the injector with no engine running ?