Sign in to follow this  
jamiehol

Jamie's VR6

Been lurking on here for a while now so thought I'd post some pics of my VR.

After buying Raddo VR last year to use for track days with a mate I realised how much I missed my old Highline VR, wanting another I decided on Raddo for road use, so I put my mk2 Golf GTI up for sale and bought a nice black Raddo VR6 off ebay.

The day I picked her up from south Wales:

360328195.jpg

It need a few bits of paint so I left it at my folks house just oustdie Wolverhampton and got Base 21 in Rugely to paint the front end of it.

Some pics of here in the sun after polishing her up with the UDM.

374457393.jpg

374457402.jpg

374457408.jpg

374457386.jpg

A nice arty reflection shot with the cluds reflecting off the roof.

374457334.jpg

Unfortunatley its currently in bits as the heater matrix has gone pop but she should be back on the road in the next couple of weeks.

:D

Nice car. Looks good and clean. Could I ask how much they charged for the respray. I am wanting to do my C

Looks superb! And would be an excellent number plate for someone who enters their car into show and shine competitions ;)

Thanks for the comments folks, it does scrub up well although the rear panel needs a bit of paint as previous owners have chipped the paint putting stuff in and out of the boot.

:D

Nice car. Looks good and clean. Could I ask how much they charged for the respray. I am wanting to do my C

I paid £700 and that was for the front bumper, bonnet, drivers side wing, blow in the stone chips of the frotn of the passenger wing as well as the drivers side sill where people have knocked it getting in and out.

About time I updated this thread, so at the end of last year the car developed an intermitent starting fault whihc after replacingthe ECU & Fuel pump relays turned out to be the crank sensor, that combined with needing to replace the heater matrix meant it got took off the road from last October.

So after sorting the heater matix and fixing the oil pressure warning light which had never worked since I had bought the car it eventually got an MOT and was back on the road in June.

At whihc point I noticed the Rad elbow was leaking whihc resulted in tah being replaced along with the rad itself as the bolts were sezied, also replaced the fan switch at the same time. About this time I got the offer of some tickets for Le Mans classic from a mate at work who was going over with his TVR and a couple of mates one with a TVR and a Honda NSX.

So all booked up and ready to go, two days before I was due to go the car sprung an oil leak from one of the oil pressure sensor, and the brakes feeling naff, so the morning of the departure for Le Mans, I eneded up swapping teh fornt discs and pads as well as the oil pressure sesnor.

The journey to Le Mans was largely good although queuing to get in the camp site one of teh water hoses went and I eneded up wiring in a temporary fan bypass switch in the camp site, and when I got replacing the water pump as well as teh expansion tank and cap.

Annyingly the car still seems to be using a little bit of water so I may well end up doing the headgasket over winter.

Will try and get some up to date pictures up over the next couple of weeks as it is currently wearing 6 spoke TT wheels.

The track raddo will be at Cadwell on the 28th October so if anyone is there and sees a Blue VR6 Raddo come say hi.