Sign in to follow this  
krnau

my corrado died yesterday, please help :,-(

Hi. Well I use my corrado as a daily, for about 3.000miles a month. It has always turned it's starter motor on the key, but yesterday something changed.

The day before yesterday, I had been using the car for the whole day, I got my shocks & springs replaced and wheels alignment was done in the day as well. It worked great. I parked it at about 1.00 A.M. and went directly to bed.

Yesterday, it was 17.00h when I went to start it and it turned only "half turn" of the starter motor. I mean, it usualy sounds like "ñaaac, ñaaaac, ñaaaac", but yesterday it sounded like "ñaa" and then nothing else happened. I checked the battery and it showed 10v which is the common value it shows (yes, maybe time for a new alternator). Then I decided to push the headlights switch to see if positioning bulbs turned on and all I got was the electric windows relays clicking :scratch: :scratch: . if I touch the headlights switch, e.w. relays click :scratch: :scratch:

if I turn the key on the first position, the third relay from the top-right corner of the fusebox (my fusebox has only 2 lines of relays) starts clicking like CLIC CLICKCLCLCILCILILCILCILCILCLICILCIL..... (this relay IIRC was used for cutting some circuits at the time of cranking).

I contacted a local garage and they pointed it might be due to a low level battery (2 year old battery, 74.000km since I bouhgt it, mostly of them done at night with lights on and 2000watt in audio components). So I will go today and borrow a new and charged battery from them and try to start my car with it.

what do you guys/girls think? (yes, girls, I know you are hiding in here :norty:)?

please help :(

hi there,

I cleaned battery tips and re-connected them and the car has run correctly...

strange, isn't it?

sometimes my connections just come loose and then after a while they fine. its odd