Sign in to follow this  
JoeNose

Joe's VR6 - update 13/03 with new rims

94 Black magic, Swissol'ed up and discreetly lowered on FKs as only mod at present, exhaust and airfilter next on agenda. Back was originally lower but after a few speedbump moments decided to raise it to current level, still about a 40mm drop in total.

AUGH whats with that ta disk holder LOL

BTW lovley car m8 OMG if thats a 40mm drop and with a 50mm splitter i'm doing a 60-80mm drop on coilovers on friday with a 90mm splitter OMG mine will hit the ground lol

Very, very nice... 8)

Looking at that second photo though, I'd agree that the tax disk holder needs to go in the bin, and I'd guess that a headlamp upgrade loom will make things lots brighter for you! :wink:

looks well coo 8) l......nice and subtle.......just the way they suit 8) ......really shows how great a wheel design the O/E speedlines are too :wink:

Hehe, hadn't realised the disc holder was such a faux pas - guess I better sort it :D

Thanks for the replies. I intend to keep it looking standard to all but the discerning eye at this point. The FK coilovers are the HiSports, ride height adjusrtable but not damping adjustable, but I'm very happy with them on the standard wheels. Ride is about hard enough for me at the moment however, so although I've thought long and hard about bigger rims, ultimately I decided to stick with the Speedlines.

Henny those are actually the sidelights, only reason they're on is that the good old headlight switch broke the night before and I couldn't turn them off ;)

[/i]

hey, that car looks local as well, as that is New Brighton in the background surely???

If so, excellent photo taking spot :) and nice motor dude!

If your local m8, lookout for mine and give us a wave, Aqua blue VR with BBS wheels 8)

Well, inspired by Jim's G60 outfitted the VR6 with the new 16" rims... well happy :) Schrick, Milltek, BMC all added since the first post.

Boj, they are Speedline Comp2s... :)

Bought them from S-link Design, they were about £600 as I recall, fitted them awhile back but only got round to taking pics today. They were 4 stud only for a long time, but S-link had a handful of 5-stud sets made and shipped over from Italy...

Those comp2's really do suit the Corrado - just what i was considering getting. Damn, might have to change my mind now, don't want to be seen copying people too much!

TY Jim... I've found the ride has actually improved going from 15 to 16"... probably the tyres I guess.

Strangely I found this as well. My BBS 15" used to ride on Eagle F1's and I was pretty sure I wasn't imagining that it was a more comfortable drive on the 16" Toyo's...

And anthonyk - its hardly like its a common wheel.. if you get a set that makes a grand total of four of us on here with them. Not exactly taking over with that count I would say ;) :)

Was joking really , probably are still my first choice! What tyre sizes are you & JoeNose running on btw?

Ps, is it me Jim, or have you aged ever so slightly recently? Could have sworn you were 20-odd not too long ago...

Oh.. yeah.. i'm still only 24. I was just faffing around with the date thing. I should probably put it back really :)

Anthony, 205/45/16s work well, and give almost exactly the same rolling radius as the original wheels.
Cheers, wasn't sure if you needed 195 or 205!