Sign in to follow this  
Rambo

Dark Red VR6 TURBO

I used to be a jap or american car fan, until I saw my brothers Corrado, and to be honest thats the only german car I would want to own, so naturally I had to own it.

So I brought a VR6 corrado about 5 weeks ago, it had 168miles or something on the clocks, so I did an engine conversion using my brothers engine (he brought it from someone on this site, so naturally im sharing the love with you guys). The engine had a headgasket spacer so was ideal for turboing, and thats excatly what went on the back of it.

So anyway here are the pics of the engine conversion.

This is how the corrado looked as standard, it was an obd1 engine vr6, sorry no pics of the original engine bay. Photos of the conversion comming up next.

A pic of the new engine laying on a crate, and the old engine still in the car. You can see the turbo and stuff on the new engine.

Big problem, new engine is coil pack and old engine is distributor.

Dont really want to change engine loom and stuff, so just changed the new engine from coil pack to distributor.

Cant find pics of putting the new engine into the corrado.But here are the pics of the engine in the car and adding some of the extras.

Basically until now, all i done is changed the engine and put a turbo on it and have an exhaust manufactured for it. The car is basically running but need to setup the boost controllers and stuff.

Will put some pics up tomorow of the engine bay, still need to polish it and stuff though. Once the engine bay is complete I will be focusing on the body and the interior.

hey that's where that one went, was seriously tempted by it, you get it of pheads or ebay in the end.

nice understated approach to turboing a vr too :)