Sign in to follow this  
soother

MX5 Wing Mirrors

Whilst the suggestion does grate a little - I have to agree they are a nice lookin' mirror.

Was admiring them on my daughter's pearlecent BRG 5 only yesterday!

They will add a bit to the car width though.

Did Jay Renshaw not have these fitted to his Corrado when he was building it? Think his username is 24vrenshaw thesedays.

[Did Jay Renshaw not have these fitted to his Corrado when he was building it? Think his username is 24vrenshaw thesedays.

Thats right, car now owned by Vick N, and a stunning example it is, mirrors are still on. Lots of pics on recent show reports. ED 38, Players & Westside 8)

Agree with the inference. The stock mirrors look fine, are part of the car and work well too. Not convinced the time cost and hassle involved with changing them is worthwhile and if anything detracts from the cars styling

But still know one has told me how hard they are to fit

pop down to a scrappy and see if theyve got any of said mx5's, whip the mirrors off and have a look at the fitment etc... im gona hazard a geuss at saying that they just bolt onto where the existing corrado mirror's fit? surely it cant be too hard? imho id keep the corrado mirrors..

I did indeed fit the MX5 mirrors to my Rado (now Vicks) and they are not a straight bolt on job.

Fit off you have to trim a lot of the ally from the base to get them to sit level, I have seen a couple (including porsche mirrors) where they "droop" and look all wrong.

You then have to change the holes in the base to suit the holes in the rado door.

Then I made some trim pieces for the bottom to squash between the door and the mirror when bolted down.

Fiddly and you need a bench sanding disc really.

Much better mirror for visibility than the rado, plus the bottom edge doesn't go brown :)

Jay