Sign in to follow this  
rajarella

Wrong starter motor

I bought a 2nd hand starter off the forum a few weeks back and when I have gone to fit it today it is completely different to my original and doesn't come close to fitting the stud pattern. It came off a vr so I thought it would be a straight swap. The only difference between the cars I know of is that mine is an early 93 vr and the car it came off was a late 93 vr, is there 2 different types?

Rich

sorry to be the bearer of bad news Rich :( Having said that, you can prob pick up another starter for around £20 or so. Try contacting Besian, he sorted me out with some good bits.

Already done it! Contacted Besian, paid up (£30) and am eagerly awaiting the starter :D Got to try and get rid of the auto one now! :roll:

OK, when you do get it, clean up the wiring on it and lube the gear slightly. If you can wait too, then clean off any crap on it, hammerite it and fit. Then forget about it for the next 5 years.