Sign in to follow this  
bad-vw-boy

Non return valve?

hi all , i am trying to track down a non return valve for a 1990 1.8 16v ( the alloy one on the feed pipe) apparently this was a mod due to the heater matrix blowing up due to excessive pressure caused by the heating system, i went in to my local vag agent who told me that they no longer make this part, when i asked what i should do , he suggested putting it back to original...which begs the question , wont my heater matrix be prone to leaking as thats why the mod was brought out.....any suggestions or advise as to what i should do or where i can get a replacement...appologies if this is in the wrong section . :brickwall:

They've probably stopped doing these kits as the MK3 golf heater matrix (with pressure relief as I understand it) has superceded the original Corrado matrix.

Try putting a post in the wanted section, people are breaking stuff all the time so you should get sorted

I have just bought one off of ebay, type in corrado valve it should be there! The seller is a breakers near me in trowbridge ,, call 07967467189 the part is not an original but is an exact copy and does the job. Hope this helps

I have just bought one off of ebay, type in corrado valve it should be there! The seller is a breakers near me in trowbridge ,, call 07967467189 the part is not an original but is an exact copy and does the job. Hope this helps

Ebay username is Fircof? If so, he's on here as BigPantsBaby.

Yeah i think thats the chap! The part i bought is different to what you need but i would of thought they can get hold of the right bit