Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Robotnik

Sorted dash lights now won't start?! D:

Hello again, day 2 of posting over problems :D

uh, right, I took my cluster out and dismantled, to fix the bulbs, the pin going into the cluster in the back had melted out, i assumed this was the light one, so i just soldered some wires from the headlight switch directly to the bulbs, and unplugged the bulbs from the circuit inside the cluster.

All is well.

While doing this I was applying gunk to my engine and the bay, leaving 10 minutes, rinsing off with a hose.

Now the devil will not start!

Turns over alright, seems to occasionally splutter but never kicks into life... Would fiddling with the clusters have had anything to do with this? or did I probably get gunk/water in somewhere it shouldn't have?

It's not like I urgently need to drive the car, as it's currently SORN'd while I fix it, however, it is now stuck sideways in the drive so nobody can get in or out :D

Cheerz!

-Ben

rofl.

Slap me for not trying that before wasting you guys time and posting!

Whipped off the distributor cap and there's a good 30-50ml of water in there... will let it dry and see what happens :D