Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Robotnik

DDI Dials on 16v? Is this possible?

Evidently I do not know what is involved with switching to the DDI gauges, all I know is they look very nice :)

And I apologise if this has been posted before, and if it has, feel free to delete this!

I know DDI do not make them for 16v, only G60 and VR6, but is it possible/practical to just... swap them over onto my 16v cluster?

Or is it just to do with the different redlines they all have?

Forgive me if I am being ignorant!

Cheers! :D

Strangely DDI have pictures of 16v dials on the website so I imagine they must have made them at some point (or I guess they could have been prototypes they just photographed) - if they did I wonder how hard it is to track down a 2nd hand set?

they are producing dials for 2.0 16v (same as g60?) but not for 1.8 16v (8.000rpm :norty: ) :(

I sent them an email today, Quite nice of them to reply on a saturday actually

but what I got was

Hi if your RPM is 7000 then it will work but the 16v is 8000 correct?

Best Regards,

Anh Nguyen

Dub Design Industries

www.dubdesignindustries.com

416-723-7489

So I am assuming then seeing as the 2.0 16v tachometer only goes up to 7000 rpm then it would work.

Well, i say assuming. This is what the man said, so it must be factual :)

Fuckin yeah! And I was starting to think I couldn't get them. I'll have to order and report back to you guys though :)

I have asked for 8k rpm dials many times to them :lol: but it actually seems impossible to get any :(

so are you going to fit 7k ones?

When I have the money available I probably will.

Of course I'd have to get the bezels and lcd reversal kit. So it'll be like.. £150 or so? Crazy.

One day, but there is (according to DDI) no reason why they would not work :)

why are you buying a reverse lcd kit?? you can do it yourself by just pulling out the LCD screen plastic thingy and puting it "reverse" :nuts:

why are you buying a reverse lcd kit?? you can do it yourself by just pulling out the LCD screen plastic thingy and puting it "reverse" :nuts:

have you done it your self? i assume you dont because when you remove the "plastic"thingy is glued to the LCD crystal and when ungluing it becomes uselsss. i have done it many times and i recomend to get it from DDI or elsewhere.

I run a few years ago a group by for the cirradi club in spain and Anh told me that if i came up with enough people he would run an 8000rpm set, but enough numbers to make it cost effective for him maybe over 20 or 25. and then the time to prototype, QA and all people may have long gone and forgotten about it.

BR

have you done it your self? i assume you dont because when you remove the "plastic"thingy is glued to the LCD crystal and when ungluing it becomes uselsss. i have done it many times and i recomend to get it from DDI or elsewhere.

I run a few years ago a group by for the cirradi club in spain and Anh told me that if i came up with enough people he would run an 8000rpm set, but enough numbers to make it cost effective for him maybe over 20 or 25. and then the time to prototype, QA and all people may have long gone and forgotten about it.

BR

yes I did it myself and LCD didn't become useless :nuts:

Have a look at Oichan.org for details on how to flip the LCD

It's not too hard to do, but if you need a second set of clocks as a backup (as I did) then I may have some for sale.

I know they're not DDI dials but i got ones for my 16v here:

http://moman.pl/en/index.php?a=opis&k=26&id=88

I also got a set of heater controls. The price is very good and so is the quality. I had to send them a photo of my dials and heater controls to ensure they sent me the correct ones.

Paddy

hmmm Looks interesting.. :D

does the inverter make that annoying noise like "PIIIIIII" with these??? maybe we could arrange a group buy :norty:

boh.. but I don't like the "corrado" written on it :(

I know they're not DDI dials but i got ones for my 16v here:

http://moman.pl/en/index.php?a=opis&k=26&id=88

I also got a set of heater controls. The price is very good and so is the quality. I had to send them a photo of my dials and heater controls to ensure they sent me the correct ones.

Paddy

hmmm Looks interesting.. :D

does the inverter make that annoying noise like "PIIIIIII" with these??? maybe we could arrange a group buy :norty:

boh.. but I don't like the "corrado" written on it :(

There is a slight noise from the inverter but when I put all my trims back on I wasn't able to hear it any more. You could wrap it in foam if you want. They should be able to remove the corrado logo if you dont want it; just send them an email. There was a group buy for these on an Irish forum last year so that shouldn't be a problem either.

Paddy

Ooh I think I like the look of these more than the DDI ones. But what about the needle illumination?

Definitely another one to consider, when money/time permits.

I'm currently still tracking down them water leaks.

Also; are they available in MPH as opposed to KMH? I don't like to complicate things further ;D