Sign in to follow this  
krnau

back of the car sitting lower with eibachs. fixed

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I will have a look tomorrow. thank you all for your help :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

If you want to adjust them though, the damper will have to be taken off, unfortunately.

this pic should help

1-92-88597-l-o7ecdslfMheY76e5LVfA.jpg

Nice one Zak.

So that is really going to increase my ride height by 3cm on the Koni's? Not good :(

Well dont quote my measurements leonard :lol: the gap between the grooves on that pic is way more then 1cm. But i dont remember the gap being that great.

LOL dont worry I wont hold it against you :D Still may be worth a look.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I will have a look tomorrow. thank you all for your help :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

If you want to adjust them though, the damper will have to be taken off, unfortunately.

and if I only want to check if that "clip" is there, should I remove rear shocks as well?

As long as the spring seat isn't on the lowest setting you should be able to see some grooves in the strut below the spring seat. There is no need to remove the strut to identify this you would only remove if you wanted to adjust the height.

hmmm 'll have a check this afternoon :) thanks!

btw I am currently using "selex" shocks, I think they are not sold in the UK as they are of a Catalan fabrication;

well I have just given a phone call to the garage that did my suspension+springs job. They say that my rear shocks are corrado ones (I will check it anyway, just in case they used some other car rear shocks...). They have also told me that these shocks haven't got anything like koni's height adjustement :( :( :( so I don't know where to look at now :pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeright:

the bits circled in your 1st post are simply a nylon anti-creak washer for the bottom of the spring and a dust cover for the top of the damper, some dampers just don't have those fitted, no real problem though.

If you increased the size of the rubber upper mount I don't think you'd get the top nuts and washer on inside the car with the top rubber bush too, you'd loose thread length on the top of the damper piston.

so there is non other way to go apart from welding new arches, isn't it?

pfff €€€€€ :(

does anyone have pics of eibach lowered corrados to see if it is only happening in mine?

so there is non other way to go apart from welding new arches, isn't it?

pfff €€€€€ :(

does anyone have pics of eibach lowered corrados to see if it is only happening in mine?

Or replace the springs? :shrug:

these springs are "legal" in spain. if I put another make of springs, I need to pay an automotive engineer = 350€ :(

these springs are "legal" in spain. if I put another make of springs, I need to pay an automotive engineer = 350€ :(

DOH! yeah forgot about you mentioning that earlier.... :(

Isnt there something out there that you can slip over the shocker that sits on the existing lower spring plate that will raise it up a bit - like an additional spring plate?

I am going to investigate, right now, and try to guess if spacers under springs will be seen without jacking the car. what do you think?

I think that if they keep hidden, it would be a good (and cheap) way to go...

maybe 2cm will do the job. I think I will make a pair of 2cm, another of 1cm and another one of 3. should they be screwed into lower suspension plate? or spring's + car weight's down pressure will keep them inmobilised?

you might get away with 1cm, but more than that would be visiable I think, I guess you could slide another (separate type) spring baseplate over the damper body to sit on top of the existing one?? - but you'd see that easily if inspection is likely to be a problem.

yes I think that putting another plate on the one I already have would be visible in vehicle inspection...

and maybe a 2cm spacer too, you are true in that.

I think that fitting some 1cm spacers won't do the job, because I would need to lift it about 2 or 3 cm *now it is about 6 or 9 cm lowered* :nuts: :nuts: so maybe I will not do anything with spacers as this won't be enough because only by a 1cm-lift, rear wheels will keep rubbing :?

btw I have just lifted the rear about 1cm more playing with nº 12 in the picture :clap:

but it won't be enough... I think....

..... it is ........

.....arches time ............ :( .....

.or may be I should say... :norty: :norty: :norty: :norty: :norty: :norty: :norty: :norty:

and what if I put a spacer between 12 and 7??

I tried to remove rear suspension from the car, and I couldn't manage to take.. ehm.. number 2 (the shock, with everything but upper rubber bearing & nuts) out of the car. I removed top & bottom nuts and I lifted the car (both sides), removed both wheels, and I could compress the spring but not enough to let the shock come out of the top "hole". What's the procedure then? any guides in here? thanks :)

and about koni's, I have found these for corrado rears:

80-2587Sport: top groove is 20mm higher

does it mean that "normal position" would be lower groove?

8041-1108Sport: 5 grooves, top/bottom groove each on 7mm distance

I read somehwere that middle groove is normal position.

Does it mean that if I put it on top groove I will only lift 2 x 7mm = 1.4cm??

so, which one is better, 80-2587 or 8041-1108 if I want to lift it as much as possible?

this is the off-the-car adjustable sport damper from koni

comes as standard with 2 grooves apparently, I couldn't remember

since this pic was taken I've had two more grooves cut above the top one (one on left of pic)

IIRC this is the 2587 sport and the top groove is the normal position

koni-damper1024.jpg[/attachment:258lkvvf]