Sign in to follow this  
michael.wilson15

oil leak

Must admit, I've only had sump gaskets leaks so far so I'll be interested to hear if they are prone to any other leaks....

i have both of those in my car although i used new gaskets. The reason - well you should really use some rtv silicone first on the cylinder head and rocker cover before fitting the gsket - likewise for the sump. Its a small leak mind you, nothing major, but should be checked. I'll be redoing both of mine on the next oil change. BTW, teh sump gasket is about £35 but your old one may be perfectly usable. Dont change it unnecessarily, its actally not required - just clean up the faces on teh sump, the block use some rtv, clean up your gasket thoroughly and refit.

nice one,

I'll give my sump gasket a go in a few weeks with the next oil change but might favour a new gasket as I'll looked through all the service receipts etc and haven't come across a replacement ever fitted.

mine seems to have a leaking from the top it was pitch black last night so need a better look in daylight.

I changed the plugs and there was oil collected in the plug hole surround the corner plug at the front of the engine timing side.

Thanks

Michael

Only come across that once before where someone had spilt oil over the lip when they had topped it up and it had run forward and collected in the plug access below. :scratch:

Yer could well be as simple as that its not bad i will be ok for the moment till i can get it in to work for a proper look. Not insured yet till saturday cant wait havent even driven the car yet my dad took it the 160 miles home :mad2: .

Michael