Sign in to follow this  
Halfmoon

Spluttering when turning left!

Driving back from the daily dog walk and everytime I turned left & accelerated out of the corner, the car was spluttering and struggling - as soon as I straightened up all was fine.

I'm thinking fuelling - definately felt like a fuel issue, but why would it only happen when turning left? About 10 miles previous to this I filled up with V-Power (as opposed to the normal 95 ron cheap stuff) - could the detergents in the fuel have loosened some crud in the fuel system?

:scratch:

Also discovered I have spring a water leak (slight drip) from below and to the rear of the coil pack! Grr!

I think that has somehting to do with the powersteering kickin in and isv tring to compensate for the extra load, how does it idle and does it keep a stable rpm when u declutch and brake?

Blooming heck driving the dog for a walk :scratch: I have to walk mine or it complains a lot.

On a slightly more serious note - check the battery terminals are well made and the battery is secure. The connections could just be going high resistance under cornering one way if something has come adrift. That could cause crap running.

Checked the battery connections, all fine. On declutch & braking engine drops down to a nice idle without any hunting - I had an issue a while ago when driving after a hot start, the engine wouldn't idle when stopping at traffic lights etc but that seemed to cure itself and isn't doing it now. Also, I can turn left & right when parking or a low speeds without the splutterage - it's only when I'm doing 15+ mph or so.

Blooming heck driving the dog for a walk :scratch: I have to walk mine or it complains a lot.

:lol: I take him up to the woods about 10 miles from where we live - otherwise it's the beach, where he eats pebbles.

How much petrol in it? Hopefully enough to rule out pump.

Cant hurt to change fuel filter and chuck a bottle of tank/injector cleaner in.

Finally got a chance to go out and look at the car after the pouring rain stopped...

Well, it's struggling from low revs all the time now (not just when turning left) but fine once the revs pick up. Going to change fuel filter tomorrow and see how that goes. I need to change the fuel lines anyway as they're looking past their best, so I might as well do them at the same time.