Sign in to follow this  
streetpreache47

Remote Keyless Entry Systems

you can find fitting instructions, including pictures etc in oichan's site ;)

These look very interesting to me too but what is oichan's site, any chance of a link!

let me know how you get on. I bought a similar one off ebay a few months ago, fitted it as per instructions but.....it didnt work! :epicfail:

with a pda or mobile phone, you can scan radio frecuency emited by the keyless entry system. I don'k know if it uses always the same key or not..

I dont know if you can scan these. I am of the opinion that the receiver is just that 'a receiver' and that it is passive.

Coding of the key remote will be to a fine bandwidth and although not impossible to crack (as with any car) it is very difficult.

the thing is that one might scan what you emit from the key, and then reproduce it theirselves to emit the same signal and open the car after you go...

I see what you are saying but this can be done with any system to any degree an any car with a transponder based entry system.

But more advanced alarm systems roate the keys each time you use the fob, meaning any information gained from scaning the transmission is useless.

The cheaper keyless entry systems, no alarm, tend to use the same key each time.

Edit: Just noticed the system quoted at the top addresses this and mentions it as a feature (4.3 million combinations auto-rotate or something) but make sure any system you get from places like eBay have something similar.

I see what you are saying but this can be done with any system to any degree an any car with a transponder based entry system.

yes, but "good" systems have millions of keys which randomly change everytime you push the button, and both emissor and receiver change it at the same time so despite you can scan the key, it will be useless as it will be a different one next time.

And I don't really trust in that these 30quid keyless entry systems incorporate this functionality.... and yes, some adverts on egay say that they have millions of keys but I just don't trust in them.

yes, but "good" systems have millions of keys which randomly change everytime you push the button, and both emissor and receiver change it at the same time.

A question for the electronic wizards on here - something I've wondered about for years :-

I grasp the concept of the 'code' changing each time you use it - but how do the emitter and reciever keep in step ? What happens if I press the button on my 'key' when I'm nowhere near the car ? Wont the key change its code, but the reciever will still be expecting the code the key just used ?? I can see how the concept works in a two-way handshake method, as in computer networking, but not where the two devices are not two-way.

Can anyone educate me ??

could be that both the transmitter and reciever both have the same random code so each time they are choosing the same random code?

I've just found another keyless entry remote http://www.rclick.co.uk/product_info.ph ... cts_id=480

this is directly for the corrado apparently and has room in the key for the imobiliser chip. just wondering if anyone knows what kit if best to go with on the website?

hey people

i have the mk4 golf stler key fob for my corrado wired in the central locking kit, and it works well .good value for money, and comes with two key and blanks which you can get cut at a locksmith, the key do seem to develop play as the key wears in the flip up mechanism. :)

yes, but "good" systems have millions of keys which randomly change everytime you push the button, and both emissor and receiver change it at the same time.

A question for the electronic wizards on here - something I've wondered about for years :-

I grasp the concept of the 'code' changing each time you use it - but how do the emitter and reciever keep in step ? What happens if I press the button on my 'key' when I'm nowhere near the car ? Wont the key change its code, but the reciever will still be expecting the code the key just used ?? I can see how the concept works in a two-way handshake method, as in computer networking, but not where the two devices are not two-way.

Can anyone educate me ??

it might be that the emitter sends a random code to the receiver, then, the receiver returns a reply to the emitter's random "message" and the emitter sends a third message which is the one that "opens" the central locking. like Request Reply Acknowledge in networking :)

Can anyone educate me ??

it might be that the emitter sends a random code to the receiver, then, the receiver returns a reply to the emitter's random "message" and the emitter sends a third message which is the one that "opens" the central locking. like Request Reply Acknowledge in networking :)

That would work - but I doubt that the 'key' is also a reciever. But, what do I know. :scratch:

then, for a non-receiver key, I think that one possible way to do it is:

1. key sends code X

2. control unit receives code X and gets ready to receive code X+1

3. key sends code X+1

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :nuts:

edit: by X and X+1 I am refering to positions of a vector for example

edit 2: I should go to bed now, I have been awaken too many hours I think :nuts: :lol: