Sign in to follow this  
redwoodkp

How well does your rado pass its MOT

I have an early valver 1990 with fsh and its just flew through its MOT for the forth year in a row needing just one rear number plate light bulb!! Last three years before has only needed brake pipes or other very minor bits.

How good or bad is your rado through MOT time??

Only had it a while, but recently it flew thru' its MOT with no working ABS Light and 2 advisories (Front Tyre + Rear Brake Pipe)

Ian :D

Mot is a pipe dream for me!

Lots to be done before that.....cv joint, unsieze front break, possibly emissions....just depressing me now

Just had mine done today, it failed on the rear brakes, looks like I'm gonna have to strip down both sides and rebuild. I suppose I was a bit optimistic expecting it to pass, a) it's a corrado :p and b) it's been sitting in the garage for the past year whilst I rebuilt the engine... on a positive note the mechanic said the emissions were 'spot on' :)

T

Just had mine done today, it failed on the rear brakes, looks like I'm gonna have to strip down both sides and rebuild. I suppose I was a bit optimistic expecting it to pass, a) it's a corrado :p and b) it's been sitting in the garage for the past year whilst I rebuilt the engine... on a positive note the mechanic said the emissions were 'spot on' :)

T

It will probably be cheaper to replace your rear calipers with mk4 ones than the cost of the parts to rebuild your old ones!

Only had one failure and I sort of new it would as i tried getting it through without CAT. Other than that since refitting it never had a prob thumbnail.aspx?q=1268243963016&id=81368b9a588e3b218ede837ae89ecfd9&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.bbc.co.uk%2ftotp%2finterviews%2fpictures%2ftouch_wood.gif :dance:

Just bought mine (the first one ive owned) been stood for over 12 months. failed on two brake pipes and a wiper blade.

Hello to every one by the way :) newbie in the house lol

Mine has only failed once in the 7 years I've had it, IIRC. But I do go round and fix everything I know is a failure beforehand. Just passed again on Friday at nearly 210k miles.

The one time it failed it was definately a failure; corroded brake pipes and bulging brake hoses! Just replaced all brake lines back to the ABS and the compensator valve and it passed fine.

Steering rack gaiter for me last time as well! Thing that riled me is that I'd had it replaced to pass the MOT the year before!!

Mine is in at the moment for a service & MOT, last year went through OK. Phoned up at lunch time to find out howit was going and the man on the other end of the phone said he was having problems with the emissions. So I have left it in his hands and I will let you all know the full story once I get my baby back, along with a BIG bill.

hey lucky me im an mot tester, and work at vw /jeep in indian queens.

my car passes ok, some advisories, as they say its for you and other peoples safety, yeah rite :p

some mot station rob you blind, making alot of money out of you, ive seen it.

start sending the rados down my way!! :D

hey lucky me im an mot tester, and work at vw /jeep in indian queens.

my car passes ok, some advisories, as they say its for you and other peoples safety, yeah rite :p

some mot station rob you blind, making alot of money out of you, ive seen it.

start sending the rados down my way!! :D

doh, why cant you be from leicester?

Quite! My daily is off for its MOT tomorrow morning.. she's a solid old tank but I always dread MOT's!