Sign in to follow this  
oldskoolkool

down on power!

hi all, some of you might know the problems ive been having and what ive been doing, but heres the low down !

basically my old 2.0 ltr went poof so i got a 1.8 with the following mods, port and polished head, four branch manifold, 220 schrick cams, lightened flywheel, so i put this in my car a while back on standard management (motronic) and made a miserable 142 bhp and 113 tourqes! and i had to run the exhaust cam a to retard to make it run anywere decent, ???

so anyway i tried everything and still that was the best power ! i carried on like this for a while asking people what is going on and why am i getting terrible power, as people on here always say a 2.0 ltr with kr head and manifold with make 160 easy ?? no matter what i do or spend i dont ever seem to get above 130-40 bhp!

up to date i now have a pair of twin dlha45e dellortos slapped on there and i made a whopping 126 bhp with 11 tourques yesturday i tried the cams in every way possible but still got less that stock power, all the engine manigment system has gona bar the ecu, the carbs are set up properly but still no joy! the best i got was 131 with playing with cams and timing !

i dont get it would it be to do with the head being gasflowed ?? or is it management ? or is it the lump ??? i dont know any more, im 4k down on this car now in total and have less power than a ford feiesta !!! im getting seriusly pi**ed off :censored:

i dont know what to try any more i put a set of kr cams in last night and it ran flat as and at that point i went to bed haha !

does any one have any ideas anything would be a great help

i know there is some clued up people on here could you please be kind enough to share some of you lovely knowlegeness :) and help a male in distress haha

im getting fed up please help pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeee!1 :notworthy:

happy monday to you all peace out lol liam :salute: