Sign in to follow this  
turlock

Bushes

Looking to replace all the bushes on my G60 Corrado and thinking of going with a full powerflex kit which comes in about £120

Thoughts?

Are the wishbones hard to get off? Should I do this myself if I consider myself fairly handy or should I save the heart ache and just leave it in somewhere?

Hoping for a sporty tight ride sacrificing a bit of comfort...

Is there anything else I should change like bearings to tighten the car up again?

id suggest new ball joints too

mixed opinions on polys ..some people aint keen , audi TT ones are a direct fit in the rear of the wishbone

get some tt/r32 (the same thing) bushes for the front wishbones as they are a very good compromise between oem and powerflex with little to no drawbacks.

it's up to you what you do for the steering-rack bush, but i doubt you'll really notice the difference between OEM and powerflex very much there, so personally i would stick with an oem item.

as for the arb, you'll probably notice a better difference if you fit powerflex. some people say they wear out faster than the oem rubber (i'm going to sit on the fence here though), but they are probably worth it here even if you have to replace them sooner, as the oem setup on the early arb's isn't very nice in my opinion...

as for the rear beam, the powerflex ones are much easier to fit if you're doing it yourself (fitted some to mine with no massive decrease in comfort), but the oem items are considered (by some, not all) to be the better choice for quality and all round driveability. only trouble is that they require pressing in (which you'll have to make a tool for if doing yourself) and they apparently also require some sort of pre-tensioning when installing on the car. i've never really looked into the pre-tensioning or how the tool is made as i just went with powerflex; the search and the bentley manual are your friends here...

Brilliant thanks a mill for all this lads I'll let you know how I get on :)

Getting a load done on my 'rado lately so all this will bring her back to 1992 glory!

get some tt/r32 (the same thing) bushes for the front wishbones as they are a very good compromise between oem and powerflex with little to no drawbacks.

it's up to you what you do for the steering-rack bush, but i doubt you'll really notice the difference between OEM and powerflex very much there, so personally i would stick with an oem item.

as for the arb, you'll probably notice a better difference if you fit powerflex. some people say they wear out faster than the oem rubber (i'm going to sit on the fence here though), but they are probably worth it here even if you have to replace them sooner, as the oem setup on the early arb's isn't very nice in my opinion...

as for the rear beam, the powerflex ones are much easier to fit if you're doing it yourself (fitted some to mine with no massive decrease in comfort), but the oem items are considered (by some, not all) to be the better choice for quality and all round driveability. only trouble is that they require pressing in (which you'll have to make a tool for if doing yourself) and they apparently also require some sort of pre-tensioning when installing on the car. i've never really looked into the pre-tensioning or how the tool is made as i just went with powerflex; the search and the bentley manual are your friends here...

Some good knowledge there. Anyone know what year/type of Audi TT front wishbone bushes I need to order for my 95 VR6? I'm replacing the whole standard suspension with Weitec Hicon GTN stuff.

Cheers dude, found the little bastards on eBay, new. Saves me going down to my local VAG dealership and explaining, in my best German, that I want the set of Audi TT rear bushes, for the front wishbone for my Corrado VR6. Its complicated enough ordering parts as it is!