Sign in to follow this  
thamouse1981

Advice required

hello i used to own a corrado vr6 but unfortunately decided to sell and with it sold a piece of my heart :( i have ever since wanted another corrado but never had the nuts to buy. Here is my problem i have been offered a car built by my friend http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1346266.htm at a discounted price i currently drive a z4 which would have to get rid of to fund this and a second car as a daily are the 1.8t conversions reliable i think this has a standard 2.0 16v gearbox is this strong enough or would it need replacing he said it torque steers alot so im guessing a diff is required but which one is this a good buy or an endless money pit? many thanks

How much power is it running and how highly tuned is the car?

If it's really highly strung, it could be a huge money pit!

Can I ask what Z4 is like? Coupe or Cab? I've been thinking Z4 coupe, possibly an M - but wondered what they were like to live with (as a second car in my case cos of the company car)

Josh

its 240bhp ish but is an agu engine code so apparently good for the power standard k03s turbo. The z4 is actually a really good car although mine is a daily as it is just me and my gf but it is not practical if. if you are over 6ft it may be a struggle to fit in the bonnet is huge but the cabin is not, although the coupe may be different. Mine is the 2.5 conv pretty quick but i should have got the 3.0 very hard ride as i broke a suspension coil ( which is common ) so lowered it and has run flat tyres so it chips teeth to say the least but other than that i have had no problems touch wood in 12000 miles driving