Sign in to follow this  
8vMatt

Brembo 4 pots, new question about pads.

Hi guys

Just picked up my new Brembo 4 pots from a Cayenne S. They look to me to be in a good condition. Been told they should be no more than 3 years old.

I'm just wondering if they would be ok to use straight off after being checked over that everything is in order?

As they aren't fitted yet, would it be a good idea to renew anything on them at this stage?

Mucho thanks and any little hints and tips about these calipers is gratefully recieved. Matt.

They'll be fine to use as they are mate. They're OE spec calipers so will be properly weather sealed and reliable.

You can of course get piston and seal kits if you want to be really sure, but at ~ £15 - £20 per pot, you're looking at a fair wedge of cash.

Nah they'll be shagged by now mate, best thing to do is to swap me for my standard ones :wink: :norty: :wave:

Hahaha! Thats funny Mart. Erm I'll keep hold of them I think. Hopefully get all the bits I need in the next few weeks, then they go on. I've been lucky with these, had them checked over and they're lovely. They came with the brake lines still attached, hopefully will fit onto the car fittings.

These things should fill behind the wheels!

LOL, had to try, tho i need a rear urgently, O/S failed Mot, suspected it wasn't working when i swapped the rear axle and everythin but didn't have time to sort it before Mot. Also failed on loose headlight , but knew that anyway just hopin they weren't gonna spot it as was waiting for new part form dealers

Good that your brembo's are ok, take it your goin for 17's again with the new rims? looking forward to see what they are

Hope you get your rear brake sorted quickly.

Yeah the new wheels are 17's, been a bit slack polishing them up. Must get on and finish them to fit them before the brakes need doing.

yeah should have it fixed next couple of days

Lol, get on then matt, wont polish em selves :grin: I wish things would polish themselves, seems to take for ever, still have a half polished inlet mani from my old MK3 VR that i keep meaning to get round to finishing :lol:

still no pics up!!! :(

:D

Haha, sorry about that! My internet is dead at home. So I'm only using my phone. Hence no pics.

Yeah a friend is sorting out the brackets for me.

I've had a couple of prices of pads yesterday, both sides- Lockheed £38+vat. ATE £58+vat. Sounds pretty good to me. Are those makes any good? Porsche dealers wanted £118+vat per side. Oof!

Yeah a friend is sorting out the brackets for me.

I've had a couple of prices of pads yesterday, both sides- Lockheed £38+vat. ATE £58+vat. Sounds pretty good to me. Are those makes any good? Porsche dealers wanted £118+vat per side. Oof!

£118 per side?!?!?! harsh mate! I thought £200 for mine was bad..... well it is but you win there :lol: I think my mate has ATE ones in his DB9 fronts on the BM... they were something like £40 IIRC.

I may have a set of AM DB9 rears up for grabs if you know anyone? Have to see when im back in 4 weeks time.

You're not talking about selling the calipers are you? Nooo don't, they're awesome. Is it due to the trouble of getting other parts? What would you have instead?

No no no!

Do you think im madder than Brian mad of Madcastle?!? hell no my good man mine are safe & sound but I have another set coming my way all being well....

:clap: :clap: Brembos, like busses they are :grin:

Phew Chris! I was getting worried there. Amazing how these AM parts fall into your lap, haha. Maybe I was having a madder than Mr McMad moment thinking you might sell your calipers?

Any thoughts on those pads I had a price on? I would like something like Ferodo or similar but need to keep a lid on my costs for the mod.

Im 99% that my mate uses the ATE ones. Ill ask him and come back to you.

Failing that - call Ferrodo and tell them where you stand. There is a fair chance your (porka rears - ooh er!) pads will fit a number of cars/ calipers. Id be doing this now but its a bit pointless and would cost me a mint as im stuck here neck high in sand. Let me know how you get on buddy.......

Also I told you about my mate who went to the auto factors to find out which cars these calis come on didnt I? I think in your 323 wanted thread..... this is defo the chief of locating the cheapest pad mounting ancillaries (if of course you need these) again keep us up to date. I have a brake fettish so im keen to see peoples progress.... Happy time!

update: he uses "drive master" pads. Very happy with them he says & he is a keen driver. His car is heavy to stop too but remember he has 330 disks

He has bought me some AP ones so ill give them a whirl.... TBH im sure you will have yours fitted before me :D

Good luck with your quest :gag:

Hi Chris

Good news about your bruv getting a good setup. Think I will go with the AP pads especially at well under £50. I don't need to worry about picking up the pad mounting kit, as this is on the calipers already. I've been really lucky buying these calipers as they are in good condition, have pads, mounting kits and the flexi brake lines attached.

With fingers crossed, everything should be bolted together by christmas.

Its not brake fetish, its brake OCD you've got there mate! Haha.

Quick related question, just seen these on the 'bay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-PORSCHE-BREMBO ... 25578ef06d

Does anyone have experience of these? They look like a good price compared to MBT etc.

Would I be right in thinking that as I currently have 312s up front, I could keep my discs, get some Boxster S rears (part no. 996-352-421 & 996-352-422)and use these carriers?

I imagine Id still have to use my 6mm spacers between the hub and the carrier as these are designed for a mkIV? Would there be any problems using a spacer between the hub and carrier?

Any info/advice would be great!

Andy

do not use these i had a set and sent them back because they werent straight and only had 8.8 rated bolts got another set they went back again and just got a refund the chap was ok but the product was not.

yh you will be able to use your current discs i would go to badger 5 to get the carriers and if your after a set of porsche brembos i have some new ones for sale.

mort

Damn I feared it might be something like that.

I can source 12.9 bolts pretty easily, so thats not a problem, were the second set really bad too? I've just emailed Badger5 so we'll see how much carriers from them would be. Hopefully not too much more than 90

PM me with some info on the callipers etc as I may well be interested.

Andy

they also use a non standard thread and all my normal fixings places wanted me to buy a minimum of 50 yh the second set were straight but looked like some one had dropped them quite a few times as edges were bruised and paint flaking, really happy with my badger 5 ones there replicas of the original brembo ones but lighter the ebay ones are like bricks compared.

mort

I've now bought a set of TRW pads for the Brembo's. The shop told me they are good pads. Has anyone got any experience of using this make pad?